My 2nd Vi40 arrived today - with a damaged screen!!!

leftygt

Apr 11, 2012
Bought my 2nd one from a company on Amazon called DracoTek, decided not to go with Ebellking again after difficulties with my first one. Unwrapped the package and took off the screen protector only to reveal 2 round "bubble" type marks on the screen that appear to be under the glass. Also there was no slip-case with the package like I got with the first one. Now I've got to go through all this carry on of trying to get an exchange from China, I tell ya, I think this is my last purchase from the Orient!

Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble getting a new tablet. You might want to look into getting one from one of our Supporting Vendors or possibly a local "Brick and Mortar" store, if that's possible, where you can make sure the tablet's in good condition before taking it home. Good luck!

leftygt said:
Bought my 2nd one from a company on Amazon called DracoTek, decided not to go with Ebellking again after difficulties with my first one. Unwrapped the package and took off the screen protector only to reveal 2 round "bubble" type marks on the screen that appear to be under the glass. Also there was no slip-case with the package like I got with the first one. Now I've got to go through all this carry on of trying to get an exchange from China, I tell ya, I think this is my last purchase from the Orient!

Hi leftygt

I also purchased my tablet through amazon saw the Draco tek tablet, but on the same page seenitpriceit were offering the Onda Vi 40 slightly cheaper, I know this doesn't help with your problem. But should you get refund sorted, I must say they were excellent and provided free next day delivery, they are based in Leeds and were very helpful and friendly. I sufered a similar problem to you but with Ipadalternatives who were rubbish and provided no help at all.

I hope you get a refund sorted soon but this company are a cut above should you choose to try again.

Good luck mate.

Hi leftygt

I also purchased my tablet through amazon saw the Draco tek tablet, but on the same page seenitpriceit were offering the Onda Vi 40 slightly cheaper, I know this doesn't help with your problem. But should you get refund sorted, I must say they were excellent and provided free next day delivery, they are based in Leeds and were very helpful and friendly. I sufered a similar problem to you but with Ipadalternatives who were rubbish and provided no help at all.

I hope you get a refund sorted soon but this company are a cut above should you choose to try again.

Good luck mate.

Hi macthecat

Just checked, seenitpriceit are £36 more expensive than Draco Tek for the same tablet. I've sent off an email to Draco Tek via the Amazon web-site. Everything may well be fine and there might be no problems at all, but for a srart there is no way on this earth I'm paying for shipping a defective item back to China, I'd rather just file a claim with Amazon for a full refund.

Spider,
unfortunatley I never thought of supporting vendors as most seemed to be based in the States, and most the Chinese vendors give free shipping via the UK whick means I wont get hit for import duty or tax. If I got caught for these taxes I would be into ipad prices!

leftygt said:
Hi macthecat

Just checked, seenitpriceit are £36 more expensive than Draco Tek for the same tablet. I've sent off an email to Draco Tek via the Amazon web-site. Everything may well be fine and there might be no problems at all, but for a srart there is no way on this earth I'm paying for shipping a defective item back to China, I'd rather just file a claim with Amazon for a full refund.

Spider,
unfortunatley I never thought of supporting vendors as most seemed to be based in the States, and most the Chinese vendors give free shipping via the UK whick means I wont get hit for import duty or tax. If I got caught for these taxes I would be into ipad prices!

Hi
Just checked the prices again it seems Droco tek have dropped their prices recently, anyway I hope you get sorted soon good luck mate.

Leftygt, I think you'll find that the majority of supporting vendors ship from China [free], and, unless you are in the South ergo the former Free State you should have no customs problems. ( have no knowledge of Customs foibles in the Republic but invariably Her Majesty's lot don't seem to bother.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Leftygt, I think you'll find that the majority of supporting vendors ship from China [free], and, unless you are in the South ergo the former Free State you should have no customs problems. ( have no knowledge of Customs foibles in the Republic but invariably Her Majesty's lot don't seem to bother.)

Jimbo, I am in the South - and the customs here LOVE seeing overseas packages with a value of 150 euros or more (I think they have actually reduced it closer to €100 now), and shipping costs are included in that allowance!!

Back