My Gentouch Experience

TikPandora

Aug 4, 2011
Hello Android Tablet community, I am TikPandora!

The Gentouch is not my first tablet, but it is definitely the first one I will be keeping.

Over the past few months, I have tried a Coby Kyros MID7012, An Archos 32, and a Sylvania mini tablet. They have ranged from $99 to $140. I have not really liked any of them so far.

I decided that I would give the whole tablet thing one more go and purchased a refurbished Gentouch for $79 including shipping. It is the second edition.

Considering I only paid $79 for this tablet...I had extremely low expectations. The screen is of rather low quality, and it is quite slow...but all I really wanted this for was to take notes on, and browse the web. It does both of those quite well.

There is a noticeable amount of dust in the center of the screen, but like i said, it was only $79.

I actually like the tablet. Even though it is not very fast, and has dust in the screen...it will definitely work for what I want it to do.

the gentouch as you say isnt top of the line by any means.ive owned one,and used it everyday for months.now that i got a moto xoom i have sold the augen.i can add this the new owner loves it,and uses it everyday.

the gentouch as you say isnt top of the line by any means.ive owned one,and used it everyday for months.now that i got a moto xoom i have sold the augen.i can add this the new owner loves it,and uses it everyday.

While I do have a Xoom, I still have my Augen, and actually dug it up a week or so ago to do some development testing on it. It doesn't compare to the Xoom, but for the size and the price, and a custom rom, it holds its own :)

Back