NextBook Won't Charge

nickatier

Oct 19, 2015
My nextbook has been charging for over 24 hours now and it shows the red button and when I try to turn it on it only goes the the first screen then shuts off. Last night I checked it and it went from 40% to 32% to 29% as it was charging and the screen kept lighting up with the battery telling it was charging which it never did before. I can't even get on the main screen to see what percent it is on. Why is the nextbook not fully charging?

Welcome to the forum

It sounds like a short, or bad cable or bad charger. Try plugging it into a running PC for about 5 hours to see if the charge changes for the better.

Welcome to the forum

It sounds like a short, or bad cable or bad charger. Try plugging it into a running PC for about 5 hours to see if the charge changes for the better.
I am currently trying that. How long should it take to charge if it is dead?

I had my Nextbook Ares 10 plugged into the wall charger and it fully charged. I left it plugged in as I was doing a little streaming and some online stuff. A bit later I noticed the battery indicator was at 21% and the red charge light was not on - uh-oh! ... yup.. dead wall adapter. I've only had this tablet about a month and the adapter dies.. ugh :confused:

I plugged it into my PC and that charged it up just fine, except it took 4 hours instead of the usual 1.5 hours.

My wall adapter is 5v 2.0a. - - 99% of new adapters are 1.0,1.3, 1.5a, or some larger value such as 2.4a

Do the amperage ratings reflect charging speeds? My OEM 2.0a adapter seems to have been a fast charger at a 1.5 hour recharge from a 15% level. Would a 2.4a replacement be too much?

I've borrowed a friend's wall adapter, it's 2.4a and gets much warmer than the OEM 2.0a adapter. I haven't done a full recharge from 10-15% yet so I don't know what the time difference will be.

I've been using this 5v 2.4a charger for 10 days now and it seems to be working fine - no problems. Haven't noticed much difference in charging times from the 15% level to a full charge as compared to my original 2.0a unit.

My friend said I can keep the charger - no charge :cool:

Glad to hear you've found a charger that works. (At a good price too.;))

Back