novo 7 paladin wifi issues and rattling noise

novo7user

Jan 17, 2012
Hello, i have just purchased a novo 7 paladin with the 4.0.1 firmwire installed. I am experencing that the wifi cuts off or the data link speed is very slow. I measure between 1mbps and 65mbps when i am located next to my wireless router. I have a n300 netgear router which is a fairly new type. I have contacted the place where i purchased the tablet and they advised me that my router may not be suitable. Has anybody else noticed this problem or can you suggest a fix?
Also i have noticed if i move my novo around a rattling noise can be noticed. To me it looks like something is loose. Again i have been advised by the novo seller that this is normal. Can anybody else confirm if they have also noticed this rattling. Thanks

Please update your router's wifi channel to either 1or 2, basically any number below 5 and then reconnect the wifi. This will solve your issue.

Hey, novo7user......I just brought my Paladin home three days ago.....and I haven't noticed any rattling at all. Does this happen when you just pick it up and shake it like a can of spray paint? If so......is it when you shake it from side-to-side......or top-to-bottom? (not that it makes any difference probably.....just in case others want to try it, they should probably be shaking it the same way.) I have no mechanical noises coming from mine at all; mine feels as solid as a brick.

Hey, novo7user......I just brought my Paladin home three days ago.....and I haven't noticed any rattling at all. Does this happen when you just pick it up and shake it like a can of spray paint? If so......is it when you shake it from side-to-side......or top-to-bottom? (not that it makes any difference probably.....just in case others want to try it, they should probably be shaking it the same way.) I have no mechanical noises coming from mine at all; mine feels as solid as a brick.
And addon to that..please try to hold the physical button and then try to shake..its probably those physical button that are making the noise.

A
nd addon to that..please try to hold the physical button and then try to shake..its probably those physical button that are making the noise.
hi i can hear the noise if i shake it like a paint can. It appears to be the internal battery. The person who sold it to me says it a normal feature. I think he is chatting crap.

Please update your router's wifi channel to either 1or 2, basically any number below 5 and then reconnect the wifi. This will solve your issue.
sachin i tried different wifi channels but it does not fix it. I think its a hardware issue with the novo. Hopefully the firmware updates will fix it.

sachin i tried different wifi channels but it does not fix it. I think its a hardware issue with the novo. Hopefully the firmware updates will fix it.
Ohh..I was facing the same issue in my paladin (eifi connectivity issue) but when i changed the wifi channel of my wrt54g to 1, I was able to connect it properly.
Are you able to scan the wifi router in your paladin?

Back