[ROM] AOSP/CM Jelly Bean 4.2.2 for a2109

Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves, we don't even have EGL, and it took months to get 4.2.2 usable. I'll post a new thread when I'll share a build ☺ I did get wifi working though. In a few days!

Some progress now. EGL works with some grouper libs. GPS is working, bluetooth works a bit. Camera doesn't. I'll put something up in few days.

Sweet! See, now that we (well, you) have 4.2.2 fully working, 4.4 shouldn't be too far away from that with a few similar hacks.

Sweet! See, now that we (well, you) have 4.2.2 fully working, 4.4 shouldn't be too far away from that with a few similar hacks.

Hmmm... Well, the only hack I actually used was to take some grouper libs to get EGL going. Problem though--the camera hal doesn't work with those, so now I'm experimenting with a few build flags:

BOARD_EGL_SKIP_FIRST_DEQUEUE
BOARD_USE_MHEAP_SCREENSHOT
BOARD_EGL_WORKAROUND_BUG_10194508

Frankly, all the rest didn't work mostly because I used some option to make my build think it is in emulator mode, which in turn used software rendering, which allowed me to boot initially without EGL.

I also found an interesting build flag that might help with p2p:

BOARD_LEGACY_NL80211_STA_EVENTS

I initially was looking at the grouper, tf300t and tf700t device trees of cyanogenmod. Now I'm casting a wider net to also look at other tegra3 devices, namely p880, endeavoru (and the associated tegra3-common repo). The device-specific configs are mainly in {$device}.mk, BoardConfig{Common}.mk and system.prop. So I'm copying from there to see what works for kai. My own device tree currently does not produce a booting build yet, but I hope I'm getting closer :)

Still nothing to share that runs without adding security issues...

Last edited:
Okay, the time is right for a new thread :)

@DBlake, if you're going to experiment further with porting precompiled grouper roms, please feel free to add your notes to the kitkat thread. I would like it to be a thread in general about kitkat for kai, with CM-11 just being one example.

Could you check the link for CWM 6.0.3.7? It does not seem to work for me.
Thanks.

My mistake - doesn't download with IE, but no problem with Chrome.
Thanks

Last edited:
Back