Rooted Nook boot-loop troubles ...

oenie

Jun 26, 2011
Hi,

I've run into a boot-loop problem with my rooted nook color.
It was working fine before, but i turned it off today and connected it to a charger.
Suddenly i noticed it started booting up but the boot stopped at the Nook Color devs screen. It keeps looping on that screen till halfway the word color (in rainbow colors)

I haven't done any updates or anything, it just started doing that.
Is there a way of doing a reset WITHOUT having to go through a factory reset ?
Of course, being the *ss i am, i forgot making a backup, so i would prefer not to lose data and stuff on the nook.

As i recall, i rooted the Nook Color with CMW 3.0.2.8 and Manual Nooter 4.5.18.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Kind regards,

Jeroen

Hi,

I've run into a boot-loop problem with my rooted nook color.
It was working fine before, but i turned it off today and connected it to a charger.
Suddenly i noticed it started booting up but the boot stopped at the Nook Color devs screen. It keeps looping on that screen till halfway the word color (in rainbow colors)

I haven't done any updates or anything, it just started doing that.
Is there a way of doing a reset WITHOUT having to go through a factory reset ?
Of course, being the *ss i am, i forgot making a backup, so i would prefer not to lose data and stuff on the nook.

As i recall, i rooted the Nook Color with CMW 3.0.2.8 and Manual Nooter 4.5.18.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Kind regards,

Jeroen

I am having the same problem.
Is this something that pertains to the manual rooter?
Should I switch to Phiremod or will I have the same results whether I continue with manual tooter or Phiremod?

Please help.

If you have ClockworkMod Recovery internal hold power and n for like 8 seconds to boot into recovery. Then try clearing your cache partition and dalvik cache. Then reboot.

If you have CWR on a bootable SD card insert that do wipe both as above, unmount the card, remove it and reboot.

Hopefully that will break the boot loop.

JP

If you have ClockworkMod Recovery internal hold power and n for like 8 seconds to boot into recovery. Then try clearing your cache partition and dalvik cache. Then reboot.

If you have CWR on a bootable SD card insert that do wipe both as above, unmount the card, remove it and reboot.

Hopefully that will break the boot loop.

JP

I tried the cache wipe, and it looked to go further into the boot ... but in the end it just got into the darn loop again *sigh*

Back