S22 (hw-702t)

Definitely fake Android 2.2, please remember, now no Telechips 8902 based tablets runs android 2.2 OS.
This tablet is a clone of Haina M701R.
Should be: android 2.1 OS (but will show android 2.2 in the tablet), resistive touch screen, 0.3M camera.

if it's m701r whi sacha failed to flash it?? are you sure?

I bought this tablet as well. To me, everything is fine, except once a while the touch screen will randomly register input. And btw, I tried using adb to push clockwork recovery rom into the recovery partition, but no luck to get it booting into recovery mode. Still waiting for a rom backup before doing any more mods to it.

@xaueious: Can you do me a favor and forward this message to him? Thank you

Tablet Model: S22 Wholesale New arrivel S22 Android 2.2 mini 7" Screen with Remote Control wifi G sensor external 3G webcam PC fast

Android Version: Not shown, but I guess it's 2.1

Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9 #344

Buttons: Home, Menu & Back on top of the tablet, and a Standby/Power button on the front face. A reset button along with the ports on the left that requires sharp object.

cat /proc/mtd
dev: size erasesize name
mtd0: 00a00000 00100000 "boot"
mtd1: 00500000 00100000 "kpanic"
mtd2: 09600000 00100000 "system"
mtd3: 00400000 00100000 "splash"
mtd4: 02800000 00100000 "cache"
mtd5: 22300000 00100000 "userdata"
mtd6: 00a00000 00100000 "recovery"
mtd7: 00100000 00100000 "misc"
mtd8: 00100000 00100000 "tcc"

mount
rootfs / rootfs ro 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw 0 0
tmpfs /sqlite_stmt_journals tmpfs rw,size=4096k 0 0
tmpfs /broadcasting tmpfs rw,size=1024k 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock2 /system yaffs2 rw 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock5 /data yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock4 /cache yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev 0 0
none /proc/bus/usb usbfs rw,devmode=666 0 0
/dev/block//vold/179:1 /sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,uid=1000,gid=1015,f mask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp4 37,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/ndda1 /nand vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,uid=1000,gid=1015,f mask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp4 37,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0

System.img
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1252451/android/system.img

mine has also a battery problem (2 hrs max and immediatly drops from 100% to 60% then to 10%) and big crazy touchscreen problem (random input and sometimes touch screen dont work)

Last edited:
Regarding the battery problem, my tablet was showing the same symptom for the first few days. But lately, the indicator seems to function fine.

i hope that lately it will fix to me too... but the touchscreen on my unit is horrible.... sometimes it seems to become crazy... random input, wrong input...i hope is a software issue...

I have a crash last week with my new HW-702T after use 1 hour and charging.
After the tablet stays on the page Android and doesn't work.
With reset it's similar, stays writting Android, but not more.
Later I had tried to restore with FWDN and M701R img, but it wasn't a good idea
Now the tablet is crash totally.
I don't find recovery on the net. I ask to the supplier bur they say me to wait
Could you help me please,the system.img you post before doen't work with FWDN, it's writting error. I don't know how to restore
Can I restore with SD card ?

Sorry for my English

Let me guess, did you try to remove the launcher came with the tablet?

Well, at least that's was what I did, and I found out later on that Android requires at least 1 launcher for it to boot up. What I did was to install another launcher (in my case LauncherPro) using adb. Lucky for me I had the USB debugging enabled.

@cars75,
I did completely the same. Do you get into fwdn mode? my tablet turns off when it has connected to fwdn. This could be a problem when i find a firmware....

@ saschab

Me too, my tablet quickly turns off when it has connected to fwdn. Exactly, this could be a problem for restore.

Hi All,

My device turned up this morning. I was pretty disappointed to find that it was a resistive screen, albeit dual-touch. I can also confirm that it is Android 2.1 whatever it says on the packet.

It seems to work but am so used to my HTC Desire capacitive screen that I might send it back. Trouble is China is a long way from the UK and I am not sure the hassle will be worth it.

I have rooted it already using Z4root which worked without issue. It also connects to the PC and I can use ADB. I have pushed a couple of apks just to check all is well.

Next stage is to try a 2.2 upgrade but am holding off until I get a bit more detail on the device.

The user guide is for a HW-701T but the spec states that this is "resistive single touch". Our device is "resistive dual touch" so not quite the same. A notice that cars75 say his is a HW-702T which is possibly its correct number

I bought the device as a night time ereader and using "Moonreader" it is fine.

I thought it was far too cheap for a capacitive screen!

Last edited:
no one knows wich firmware can we load into this tab??? the firmware pre-loaded is a ****...

Hi,

Looks like the chinese supplier has now admitted the S22 doesn't have a capacitive screen. I have just had the following email - I guess I'll be sending mine back!

They didn't comment on the software being a faked 2.2 version!

hi ,dear friend ,this S22 model PC is not capacitive touch screen ,just when we adit the detail information on the website ,we make a mistake ,this model PC though comes not capacitive touch screen ,but comes with high quality resisitive touch screen ,can make double-touch ,also can make touch via pulp ,just this reason lead to our engineer 's wrongly comfirmation ,sincerelly apoligize for this problem ,hope u understanding ,I believe that the items that you have got can function well ,right ?we can make partial refund for compensation if u would like keep that itemns ,like USD10 ,is that ok for u ? if u dislike this PC ,then u can return back it ,we will make full refund for u ,pls let us know u final decistion

Last edited:
Back