Samsung galaxy note

Hi All,

I've received my Galaxy Note & so far all is well, I havent had much time with it but in the short period i've had with it i've been impressed. I've not used the stylus yet so i'm sorry I cant comment on it.
The Samsung skin on the android is taking a bit of getting used to as this is my first Samsung , my brother & my son both have s2's & its normal to them but its the first time I've used it so its a bit strange, not unplesant just different !
I can comment on the genuine car dock which is superb in quality fit & design. I drove from London to South Wales today using it with no problems, it activates a special car panel which looks good but as yet I've not made use of its functions, due to my wife watching the formula 1 racing live on the screen of my android car stereo via my Slingbox & the Note's wireless hotspot providing the internet for the Slingplayer on the android car stereo. I was happy with the resulting picture & the phones performance.

Does anyone know of a way in the settings or a app that can turn on bluetooth & wireless when I dock the phone in the car dock & switch them off when I remove the phone from the dock ?

I will update as I learn more of the phone & its functions & no doubt I'll have more questions !

Mark :cool:

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you all know that the sandisk ultra 64gb micro sd card works in the Note, you need to format the card in the note, & you need to use the supplied adaptor with the card to get your computer to recognise it (at least I did ! ) with a generic micro sd adaptor my computer told me it was 27 gb corrupt & invited me to format it ! thankfully I did not format it & tried the sandisk adaptor & all was well !

While on the subject of micro sd does of anyone know of a twin micro sd card adaptor along the lines of a twin sim adaptor, Ie dummy card / ribbon cable / twin micro sd card readers ? I thought that it would be a obvious upgrade product, but I cant find one anywhere !

Mark

Hi J515OP,

This card is great for me as I like to keep a season of Doctor Who on my phone to amuse my grandson as well as my music collection which this card can do with ease,
I should mention the card cost £44 delivered from Amazon.co.uk which is the best price i've seen so far.

I should mention the card cost £44 delivered from Amazon.co.uk which is the best price i've seen so far.

The new toys just keep rolling in for you Mark, your wife must be very understanding. As I recall, she even buys some of them for you!:eek: From what I've seen around here, that's a very good price for a huge card like that.

Hi Spider,

Im quite lucky, Im self employed in a tech based business (aerial / satellite / home cinema installation ) so i'm into gadgets & my wife embraces the tech (prob just as well !) so much its hard to seperate her from her Archos 80 g9 ! It doesn't hurt that a lot of it is a tax deductable expense for my work.

Mark

Hi J515OP,

This card is great for me as I like to keep a season of Doctor Who on my phone to amuse my grandson as well as my music collection which this card can do with ease,

Haha, I intend to do the same as well.. Except keep Game of Thrones and some other shows. :p

I have a question though.. The SD card goes in the note, right ? And stays there ? Like a SIM card ?

Hi ALittleBoy,

Yes, its exactly like the sim card, when you remove the back cover you will see you sim, to the right of the sim card slot is a micro sd slot, the battery when in position traps the sim & the micro sd cards in position.

Mark

Haha, I intend to do the same as well.. Except keep Game of Thrones and some other shows. :p

I have a question though.. The SD card goes in the note, right ? And stays there ? Like a SIM card ?

A couple of days ago ATT sent me an offer $100 off the 2 year contract price if i buy via att website so at $ 150 for a 2 year contract i could not pass it up and am now the proud owner of the Note. Loving the and the S Voice!

Now populating it with my fave apps...thinking about rooting - any recommended methods out there?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

A couple of days ago ATT sent me an offer $100 off the 2 year contract price if i buy via att website so at $ 150 for a 2 year contract i could not pass it up and am now the proud owner of the Note. Loving the and the S Voice!

Now populating it with my fave apps...thinking about rooting - any recommended methods out there?

Hi AnimaTechnica,

I installed a news for Galaxy Note APP called Drippler for Galaxy Note, It is quite informative & several article's have covered ways to root. I have not rooted mine & probably wont until T Mobile UK grace me with a ICS upgrade.
If you go ahead with rooting your Note, please let me know what method you use & what you think of the results.

Hi AnimaTechnica,

I installed a news for Galaxy Note APP called Drippler for Galaxy Note, It is quite informative & several article's have covered ways to root. I have not rooted mine & probably wont until T Mobile UK grace me with a ICS upgrade.
If you go ahead with rooting your Note, please let me know what method you use & what you think of the results.

Thanks Mark i will check out Drippler. I went ahead and installed a custom ROM on my Note - basically version 4.04 ice cream sandwich (the rom name is the family) based on the latest leaked version of the ATT note. I must say it is much much smoother all around especially the pen. It also comes with the S Note bascially a more featured version of s memo. Been having a blast using it.

Thanks Mark i will check out Drippler. I went ahead and installed a custom ROM on my Note - basically version 4.04 ice cream sandwich (the rom name is the family) based on the latest leaked version of the ATT note. I must say it is much much smoother all around especially the pen. It also comes with the S Note bascially a more featured version of s memo. Been having a blast using it.

Hi AnimaTechnica,

Thanks for the update on progress with ICS, did the rom come with all the samsung bell & whistles like the premium app suite or was it pure ICS without phone maker / network addons ?

Thanks,

the rom i used stripped off some of the touchwiz features but it had the s-note with premium suite

Hi AnimaTechnica,

Thanks for the update on progress with ICS, did the rom come with all the samsung bell & whistles like the premium app suite or was it pure ICS without phone maker / network addons ?

Thanks,

That sounds good, T-mobile UK still have not issued a update, but to be fair I dont think any UK network has released a ICS update yet.
Is the rom as reliable as the standard 2.3 the phone came with ?

Mark

Sent from my Slingloaded Samsung Galaxy Note using Tapatalk

Back