SIM card not detected

Andipad

Dec 27, 2010
I just inserted one in for the first time in my S7. This is a AT&T 3G SIM card I got from Amazon this week (because I was down with the flu and did not want to drive to a local store).

The S7 reports no card. I tried re-seating it. Nothing. Later tried a SIM card from another phone; no go. It does not "see" them.

Other than applying the ...C60B011 ROM weeks ago, I have changed nothing else (no rooting yet.)

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I noticed on the little picture of the sim card that is right by the insert slot has been printed backwards on mine. I had the same issue when I used a sim for the first time. Try taking the sim out and put it in the otherway.

Thanks Gang! Shortly after I posted I moved to the living room to listen to some music. While there, I decided to try again. This time the better lighting made clear an embedded diagram that was not ovious while in the other room, which was dark. The diagram showed that I was using the wrong orientation. Reversed it and bingo!

The thing is, they have put a black notched shape next to the SIM which happens to look like an insertion indicator but it isn't. Or maybe it is just bumb me :)

Now I have to figure out if I entered the wrong codes because it is not being recognized by any network.

Search the forum for AT&T to get the right settings.

I did plus I just rechecked that I entered things right. However, for both 2G/3G I get:
"Your sim card does not allow connection to this nerwork". Wondring is they sold me a dud...

oh, and no bars.

You may need to take sim to an att store and have it updated to your accont?

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Tks. I went to the store and wound up getting a Go Phone program for the sim card. The voice servicee at 10c/minute is a nice to have back-up function with a 90 days cycle. The "abusive" part of it is that I had to pay $20 for 100mb/30 days for the data portion. That said, it works like charm for what I need. I have not measured data speed so I don't know if I am getting 2g or 3g. However a full home page of CNN in normal (classic?) mode loaded almost as fast as in Wi-fi.

Back