Suddenly, headphone jack works in reverse

OttoDeFe

Feb 3, 2011
I'm working on a tablet for my partner and I notice all sounds had stopped. As an experiment I plugged in a set of headphones and the speakers started working. It was working fine after I had flashed the Brazil ROM for 2.2.1 and setup root, etc. Not sure when it exactly stopped working correctly. Any ideas for a solution?

Edit

When I use the volume buttons, it beeps. I'm perplexed. I have another setup nearly the same way with no issues.

Edit

The microphone no longer works unless the headphones are plugged in as well.

Last edited:
I'll look into how to do that. On a weird note, I flashed to Froyo Fusion and now the notifications and ringtones work as expected, but the media works only with the headphones plugged in.

Edit

The device is reading it backwards - I see a series of events from DUN_EVENT_USB_UNPLUG then the Headset Plugged state (backwards) then TTYModeResponse queries.

Edit

Installed toggleheadset2 and now things work. I Still want to understand an actual fix for this. Thanx Xaueious for the help so far. I saved a log on the tablet and can snag and post it if needed.

Last edited:
I/dun_service( 82): The value returned from dun_getusbmodemstate_fromsys is 1
I/dun_service( 82): Post event 1
I/dun_service( 82): received event: DUN_EVENT_USB_UNPLUG
I/dun_service( 82): received event(DUN_EVENT_USB_UNPLUG) in state(DUN_STATE_USB_UNPLUG)
I/dun_service( 82): Ignoring the event DUN_EVENT_USB_UNPLUG in USB_UNPLUG_STATE
I/dun_service( 82): Moved to state(DUN_STATE_USB_UNPLUG)
I/HeadsetService( 1616): Headset plugged: false
D/PhoneApp( 205): handleQueryTTYModeResponse: TTY enable state successfully queried.
D/PhoneApp( 205): handleQueryTTYModeResponse:ttymode=0
I/MyEvent ( 489): onReceive:Action=android.intent.action.TIME_TICK
E/AudioHardwareQSD( 77): setVoiceVolume called in wrong mode. Rejecting the call
W/AudioFlinger( 77): write blocked for 150 msecs, 91 delayed writes, thread 0xb8c8
I/ActivityManager( 127): Displayed activity org.jtb.alogcat/.LogActivity: 40912 ms (total 40912 ms)
I/dun_service( 82): received event(DUN_EVENT_USB_UNPLUG) in state(DUN_STATE_USB_UNPLUG)
W/AudioFlinger( 77): write blocked for 146 msecs, 92 delayed writes, thread 0xb8c8
I/HeadsetService( 1616): Headset plugged: true
D/PhoneApp( 205): handleQueryTTYModeResponse: TTY enable state successfully queried.
I/HeadsetService( 1616): Headset plugged: false
I/HeadsetService( 1616): Headset plugged: true
E/AudioHardwareQSD( 77): setVoiceVolume called in wrong mode. Rejecting the call
W/AudioFlinger( 77): write blocked for 159 msecs, 93 delayed writes, thread 0xb8c8

Where is says Headset plugged false is where I plugged in the headset, true where I unplugged.

Hrm... the app just disables the headphones so the issue still is there, just hidden.

I've decided this is prolly a hardware issue - I am now looking for a way to reverse the toggle the system is getting from the headphone jack so it works the correct way. I have installed the latest ROM from Joenilan and as you nearly scrub the system before you flash it, I'm sorta left with this as the only conclusion.

I have a similar issue with headphone. I was in a call and everything was ok, but 5 min later I tried to play a song with stock music player and the sound was like if only one side (left or right) was heared through the headphones. If I make some pression with finger on plug, the sound is ok.

Back