To Anyone with the D2Pad from Big Lots

westikle

Oct 29, 2012
hi all, i bought this tablet after leaving the store, reading a thread on here, then walking back in the purchase the last one they had. this is my first android device and it's been a good ten years since i experimented with linux. that being said i just i have a few questions about this thing. is it already rooted? also, what exactly is cw recovery? i've done a little research on it but i'm still unclear. maybe it's the android lingo i don't understand. and lastly, should i perform the update provided by the manufacturers website before i go make any other changes to it? thanks, and sorry for the noobish ?'s.

wes

Yes it's already rooted.

CW Recovery is ClockworkMod Recovery! It's a recovery program you can use to restore the original ROM or to install a new ROM. Android devices always come with Android recovery but this is more custom and people use to install custom ROMs like Cyanogenmod and the other ROMs out there.

I successfully used it to put Cyanogenmod on a MyTouch 3G phone I used to have, it's not overly complicated if you follow people's explicit instructions. People want to have it so they can put a custom ROM because many ROMs run faster or have bells and whistles that the standard Android ROM doesn't have.

I haven't installed the manufacturers update yet only because I have a Mac and is a huge pain in the butt to do that kind of thing only using a Virtual OS on my computer. I'd put it in but I don't think you need to.

To add to the noobish questions, is there a 64bit version of the driver for the firmware update? Also, is there a way to uninstall the pre-loaded apps? I use AntTek App Manager on my phone (LG Optimus Slider running Giingerbread), but the D2Pad doesn' seem to like it.

hi all, i bought this tablet after leaving the store, reading a thread on here, then walking back in the purchase the last one they had. this is my first android device and it's been a good ten years since i experimented with linux. that being said i just i have a few questions about this thing. is it already rooted? also, what exactly is cw recovery? i've done a little research on it but i'm still unclear. maybe it's the android lingo i don't understand. and lastly, should i perform the update provided by the manufacturers website before i go make any other changes to it? thanks, and sorry for the noobish ?'s.

wes

Check here and here

Vampirefo gives instructions in "D2Pad from Biglots, How to Backup and Install CW Recovery".

myfishbear created some batch files that you can use from the Windows command line in "-rom- d2pad SN_D201208Bxxxxx".
The small batch files can be found in a large file that you can download.

Jim

Vampirefo gives instructions in "D2Pad from Biglots, How to Backup and Install CW Recovery".

myfishbear created some batch files that you can use from the Windows command line in "-rom- d2pad SN_D201208Bxxxxx".
The small batch files can be found in a large file that you can download.

Jim

I am unable to get Recovery mod to load your pack for the D2pad 209. All I know how to do is use the Backup, Install recovery, and Boot recovery scripts in Windows XP to load CWM. What am I doing wrong, or what else must I do?

Thanks

Back