Trying to upgrade Firmware, but cannot identify which Apad Irobot androidevice i got?

dejavu22

Aug 6, 2010
Hi,

I hope you guys can help me, i heard good things about android tablets so I bought one online from irobotgroup.com

After reading more on apad, looks like i need to upgrade firmware so the device can function and perform better, but I don't know which upgrading files I should use becuase I cannot convincingly confirm which apad irobot device i have.

Here is the settings information on my device:

Model number: sdkDemo

Fireware version: 1.5

Kernel version : 2.6.25 rockchip version 1.7.4 (yuxing)

Build Number: RK-1.3.2.eng.root.20100612.025602

Thanks in advance for your help.

I think I can help to a certain extent.

1) what's the output voltage of your charger
2) what's the color of your charging LED
3) plastic or metal version?

My guess:

1) 9v
2) blue
3) plastic

Answer and I'll try to make a firmware. The problem is that I don't have this batch, so it's more difficult for me to test.

go to HiApad and familiarize yourself with the specs

also Apad_iRobot_Update_Batch3_0612-CN.zip - apad-irobot - Apad iRobot Update 0612 Batch 3 Chinese (Android 1.5) - Project Hosting on Google Code is your firmware. save it somewhere.

Thank you for the reply.

Sorry, i'm a bit of a noob, so bear with me please.

Not sure exactly what I should do when you say "go to hiapad and familiarize yourself with the specs" which specs exactly, do you have a link?

As for your questions for my device:

1) 9 volts
2) Blue LED
3) I'm not sure, feels like plastic i guess..

So that link you provided, i've saved it, should i use that to upgrade the firmware on my device?

This firmware I linked you to should be the same as the one currently on your device.

OK, so there isn't an upgrade for this device i have yet?

If i update and something goes wrong, i can go back to the firmware which you linked correct?

I am new to Android all together. Today I got the iRobot aPad in and would like to upgrade from 1.6 to 2.1 or higher. My HTC Hero has 2.1 and I love it, but the tablet seems to not be able to install from the Market.

Thanks in advance!

OK, so there isn't an upgrade for this device i have yet?

If i update and something goes wrong, i can go back to the firmware which you linked correct?
Ideally, yes. That's why you should keep a copy.

I've been making custom firmwares and have been flashing them to my own device. I haven't made a custom one for your version yet, but I don't own one to know exactly what I want to change. It might be some time before I release one.

I am new to Android all together. Today I got the iRobot aPad in and would like to upgrade from 1.6 to 2.1 or higher. My HTC Hero has 2.1 and I love it, but the tablet seems to not be able to install from the Market.

Thanks in advance!

You wont be able to upgrade it to a higher version of Android.

xaueious, does that mean ever?? I mean, once I have downloaded a file from the "App Store" I can't seem to find the file to install it at all. The manual refers to the "APK Installer" for this , but I can't find it either. Am I just missing something here?

Last edited:
Well, I have been. I tried the "Market" and "App Store." The App Store is the only one I get any results from but most of the time the software doesn't install. I do not have these problems with my Hero with 2.1. I am lost and thinking this thing is just a piece of crap to be honest.

Factory shipping firmware only has a pathetic 25MB of space in /data

If you identify which firmware is compatible with your device, I suggest flashing over it with a custom one.

Here is the information from my device:
Memory Size: 256mb
Model Number:Generic
Firmware version: 1.6
Kernel version: 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
Build number: V1.7.4

I hope this helps.

Hi,

I also have the same apad as caveting:
Memory Size: 256mb
Model Number:Generic
Firmware version: 1.6
Kernel version: 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
Build number: V1.7.4

Is there any update at all that I can run as I am unable to use the "Market," "Apps Store" or "YouTube."

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Back