Using Android "App Backup"

Jim_W

Apr 27, 2013
Hi all - I'm still trying to get OpenflightGPS installed on my Asus Memo 7" tablet. (See prior post.) I'm trying to use the Android "App Backup" application now. I have successfully backed up the OpenFlightGPS app from my Transformer and have saved the backup file to the backup folder on my Memo. However, now when I try to restore this file I get a message saying that my applications will be restored. Applications - plural. Since I have only one file on this backup file, does that mean that I will lose all of my other apps on my Memo? Or, when I hit the "Restore" button, will the OpenFlightGPS app be just added to all of my other apps? Thanks for your help. - Jim Williams

When you pick the restore option it will open the backup and allow you to select what you want to restore. If that's the only app there it's a done deal. It will NOT bother anything else.

Thank you Leeshor! That worked. I now have OpenFlightGPS installed and running on my Asus Memo 7". (Just in time - We're flying back to the east coast in two weeks.) Android's "App Backup" is a great program. - Jim Williams

Thank you Leeshor! That worked. I now have OpenFlightGPS installed and running on my Asus Memo 7". (Just in time - We're flying back to the east coast in two weeks.) Android's "App Backup" is a great program. - Jim Williams

That is actually an exclusive to ASUS tablets. On other tablets you would need to be rooted to even install an app that would get close. It's a great benefit of the ASUS tablets.

Back