Vtab Still Going!

Nimble1

Sep 25, 2011
My wife was headed out to Colorado with Red Cross for two weeks and I suggested she take my Samsung Tab2 10.1 so she could check her email with out having to go to the hotel computers. She said no, as I use it alot so I charged up the Vtab, cleaned off some apps that she would not use and off she went.
She had a minor issue connecting with the hotel wifi but solved it herself! It may be slow for apps but works just fine for email and I suspect its hers now.

When my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 ran out of battery while I was reading a book, one night, I put it on the charger and grabbed my VTAB1008. When I'd last been using it, it had gotten real slow. So I wiped it, installed only Moon+ reader and Dropbox, and was able to pick up right where I left off :)

The VTAB is actually better than the Tab 2, as an e-book reader, because of its form factor.

Too bad Vizio stiffed anxious customers, twice, on promised 10" tablets. I know they've lost me.

Jim

I saw a commercial for Vizio a couple weeks ago and although it's main focus was on affordable HD TV'S they showed a number of products and one was a 10" range tablet. Now it was quick and I only saw the commercial once but it certainly appeared to be running Android and not Windows.

They also show it, or they were, on their web site. Last I knew, tho, there was no product or any product launch announcement.

They did the same thing last year: Showed a tablet at CES, then never produced it.

I tired of waiting for something that might never come and bought another Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. Put CyanogenMod on it. Now I'm happy.

And out of the market for a tablet. At least for a while.

Jim

Vizio lost me as a customer also, and not just for tablets. Gave up on any upgrading of the VTAB and bought a Nook HD+ and put CM 10.2 (Android 4.3) on it and haven't looked back.

FWIW: Out of idle curiousity I just checked Vizio's Facebook page. Scrolled down maybe a half dozen of so pages. No mention of any Android tablet. All I saw was MS-Win stuff.

Glad I didn't wait any longer.

Jim

Back