Where to get movies?

IMPORTANT SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!

If you have the student Amazon Prime you do NOT get free streaming movies & TV.

As for the OP's issue: I would recommend you just rip your DVD's into DivX or something and copy the files to your SD card.

There are other ways to get divx movies but I wont discuss them here.

Jack_Sparrow_avatar_by_Axelfire.gif

Can you download the movies and port to a tablet? Or do you have to view these on the PC.

I haven't found a way to get rental movies to work because of the DRM security issues. I don't want to buy/own videos, just rent them and watch them once. I haven't been able to get this figured out. It looks to me that Amazon Prime streams the movies, so how do you get that on a tablet?

Amazon will not work on the tablet. Any other legal places to download movies? I don't mind paying a rental fee or even buying the movie.

Amazon will not work on the tablet. Any other legal places to download movies? I don't mind paying a rental fee or even buying the movie.

If you already own the dvd (as in physically have it) then download a program like DVD Fab (see above post) and pop your dvd in, put in your resolution settings and BLAMO! you have a movie ready to put on your tablet. They also have more in-detail instructions on their website.

Nope I don't have the movies in hand. I did find blockbuster will work I believe, I'm testing now. I also found away to play my itunes movies on the tablet. It's going to cost but I can do it.

If you have Flash player working on your tablet Crackle.com has some free movies that you can stream... works well on my Archos 101 and my G-tablet....

face it, your going to have to pay one way or another.. i'd rather pay a flat $79/yr than $x.xx/movie any time.. esp. if the service is actually well-implemented. (someone please correct me if amazon is still charging per movie after the $79/yr).

I am in total agreement that paying a flat rate is far more practical than paying per movie; I’m too much of a film buff to give up my passion. I’ve been using a fantastic service I learned about through a colleague I work with at Dish. I’ve been using Blockbuster @Home that gives me all the live streaming I could want. My boyfriend enjoys the movies and games by mail but in all honesty, we got the service for me. My droid tab is now a mini movie theater, and the popcorn is far cheaper than at the theater.

Back