Wifi issueat airports

Coladog

May 9, 2011
Over the last weeks I have been traveling alot. My Iconia's wifi works great at home but at four different airports I had issues with their free wifi. My Acer would connect and show a strong signal but I would have problems getting onto any websites (very slow and random disconnect - lost of signal). The signal would come back but getting onto any website was useless. Anyone have an idea what is happening with the airports free wifi? I was using the stock browser and Dolpin HD browser. Both had the same problems.

Over the last weeks I have been traveling alot. My Iconia's wifi works great at home but at four different airports I had issues with their free wifi. My Acer would connect and show a strong signal but I would have problems getting onto any websites (very slow and random disconnect - lost of signal). The signal would come back but getting onto any website was useless. Anyone have an idea what is happening with the airports free wifi? I was using the stock browser and Dolpin HD browser. Both had the same problems.

The last two airports I was at (which claimed to have free wifi) actually routed you to a pay service and though I got great signal, until I agreed to pay I wasn't going anywhere. Did it by chance send you to a strange sign-in page? Do you use these particular airports often enough where you know they're still free?

The airports: Orlando, Phoenix, Tucson, Las Vegas, Burbank all had welcome screens where you would agree to there terms and then free wifi. No option to pay for service. I had no problems surfing the w.w.w. on my iPhone or my wife's Blackberry.

What about other free wifis? Have you tested coffee shops and Laundromats? I've had no trouble with public wifi... although I do have to click agree on the browser redirect before anything works.

No, I have not tried other free wifi spots yet. I will check a nearby McDonalds which I believe has free AT&T wifi. I will let you know the results when I get back. Thanks

I just got back from McDonalds and had no problems getting onto their free wifi. I checked out a few websites and everything ran fast. The issue seems to be at airports.
No, I have not tried other free wifi spots yet. I will check a nearby McDonalds which I believe has free AT&T wifi. I will let you know the results when I get back. Thanks

my problem is that the locations homepage doesnt come up automatically where i can click to begin using at hotel, airport, etc. the galaxys defaultbrowser just tries to open my home page... any ideas?

Back