wifi suddenly not in range

ojoe

Nov 16, 2015
Hello -

I have a Galaxy Tab4, which I bought over the summer in the U.S. But for the last few months, I've been in Italy, teaching English. I've moved around a bit since I've been here, but the tablet always worked fine on the Internet (except in some public places when I had trouble signing in...but that's not my main concern).

I'm in an apartment now, and have been here for three weeks. I have a laptop and the tablet, and they've both worked just fine with the Internet, until last night. I did have a little bit of an electrical problem last night, and the router went down for a little bit. Since it came back on, my laptop re-connected with no problem, but now the tablet says the network is "out of range."

I tried re-starting the tablet, and then shutting it down all together. I reset the router again - still says it's out of range. So...does anybody know how I might get my tablet to re-connect to a network that it was using without issue for the last three weeks?

Thanks.

Welcome aboard

My suggestion would be to find that connection in settings - WiFi and remove it. Then restart the tablet and connect again from scratch.

Welcome aboard

My suggestion would be to find that connection in settings - WiFi and remove it. Then restart the tablet and connect again from scratch.

OK. Did that, and it still comes up as out of range. Is there something else I can try?

You can try a public hotspot to see if the same problem exists somewhere else.

You can try a public hotspot to see if the same problem exists somewhere else.

I went out into public today, and used a few different hot spots - all fine. Came back home, and the router here is still "not in range."

By the way, I haven't said so before, but than you for the responses. It's not getting me anywhere yet, but I do very much appreciate the effort.

You are very welcome.

Next suggestion, reset the router back to defaults and start over, or at least check to see if there is a firmware update for it.

You might download "WiFi Analyzer" from the Play store to see if your wifi router is actually putting out a signal.

Back