Coby Kyros 7022 cant see laptop wifi hotspot

pro2type

Sep 19, 2011
Hello to you all!

I own Coby Kyros 7022 and i love it. But i have one problem. In my office i don't have wifi connection. So i use my laptop which is wired to the network to create wifi hotspot. I can connect on my laptop for internet my phone, ipod... But my coby kyros can't see the wifi hotspot. I also try to create wifi hotspot with my phone and i can connect everything else, but coby kyros can't see my wifi hotspot.

Does anyone know why?

It is wierd because all gadgets i have can see wifi hot spot from laptop except my COBY KYROS.

Thank you for all your answers!

Have a nice day!

Some tablets have a problem with wifi channels 11 and higher. If possible, you might try a lower channel number.

Your tablet cant connect via adhoc connection.

Sent from my Coby Kyros 7024

1. Make sure WiFi is working: can you see any network? can you connect to a normal access point?

2. Some versions of Andoid block connection to ad-hoc networks. Look for a hack/patch to enable it for your tablet or at least the same Android version (probably you will have to root your tablet first).

Hello.

I have trided to lower the channel for wifi and still not working. All other wifi networks works fine except ad-hoc.

Does anyone have this fix for gingerbread 2.3.3.?

TNX

Last edited:
its the ad hoc connection. I had a similar problem trying to do the same thing you mentioned.

I found a free program called connectify. It solved the problem. Its Androids unwillingness to link with ad hoc connections.

Is there any chance to use ad-hoc from mobile phone. I will be more usable. How is that possible that android tablets have that kind of a problem. I have samsung galaxy tab 10.1 and have the same problem

Back