.......Toshiba, Galaxy 10.1, or HP Touchpad

d1001morex30

Jun 14, 2011
So I have stepped into the wonderful world of tablet shopping......... At first I purchased the Acer Iconia Tab. It broke and somehow I ended up with a store credit. I set my mind on getting a Xoom but then I heard about the Transformer.........Then I had my mind set on a Transformer, until I found out out the Galaxy 10.1.......Now I have learned about the Toshiba Thrive and the HP Touchpad. I understand they all have different bells and whistles. My main concerns are the screen quallity and the processors. I have tried to search the web for a comparrason between the Tegra 2 and the new snapdragon that HP is packing, but havent found anything. I want to order one of the 3 but having a hard time picking between them. HELP
ualcomm Snapdragon dual-CPU APQ8060 1.2GHz

Isn`t the HP running WebOS, the bastard child of Palm?

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

I had the Acer Iconia Tab at first
Good- excellent fit and finish, nice materials, sturdy. Terrific audio quality thru headphones
Bad- bad battery life, dull lifeless screen
So I took it back to best buy.

Just 2 days ago I picked up the Galaxy 10.1 Tab for its beautiful vivid screen and its small weight and size. I had intended to get the Toshiba Thrive because replacing the battery myself was a plus. However Toshiba has made flat dim screens on their laptops for years now and I think the Thrive will not be a vibrant display.

So I will just have to deal with Samsung's battery replacement in a few years, its worth it just to watch HD Videos and pics on Flickr. Great eye candy.

Sheesh, screen snobs.

I have the thrive and I enjoy the screen plenty.

Sent from my AT100 using Android Tablet Forum

I'm not really sure what you mean my saying that toshibas screens are "flat dim screens" both my thrive and my satellite have great looking screens i guess to each his own but for me the ports and the battery mean the thrive is full of win

Back