1024 questions UOT and more

mccawley2000

Jun 1, 2011
I have been dwelling for sometime. great forum with lots of answers and questions.
Now I have a few. I downloaded the the 1024 update and used the framework.apk at UOT kitchen. How do I use the UOT file I downloaded to change the theme of my tablet now that I have it?

Rooting, how do I do it for the 1024? I would like to overclock my tablet, what is the best OC apk? Can I use Superoneclick to root my tablet? i cant afford to brick it and then hear the endless droning from my wife..."Why did you go and mess with the thing?"

Any help out there?

Thanks in advance!

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
1. Yes you can use super1click to root...seems to be the most reliable right now
2. UOT... well these devices do not a recovery. Everything is located in the nand(flash)
so in order to use the file that uot created you are going to have to install with the built in app installer(after unzipping and moving the apk unto your device) or if there are framework files push with adb.
3. There are some people working on custom roms but that last few days some of the more knowledgeable people have bricked their devices...so be careful
there is a thread called 7024 all you need to know there is alot of useful information in that thread.

mccawley2000

Jun 1, 2011
Thanks Vernox701, I was curious if the 7024 processes would translate to the 1024. Here we go...

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
I have been dwelling for sometime. great forum with lots of answers and questions.
Now I have a few. I downloaded the the 1024 update and used the framework.apk at UOT kitchen. How do I use the UOT file I downloaded to change the theme of my tablet now that I have it?

Rooting, how do I do it for the 1024? I would like to overclock my tablet, what is the best OC apk? Can I use Superoneclick to root my tablet? i cant afford to brick it and then hear the endless droning from my wife..."Why did you go and mess with the thing?"

Any help out there?

Thanks in advance!

I mess my first cheap apad device(wm8505) before and till now my wife is still saying "Why did you go and mess with the thing?" so your not alone on that one. :) so im really carefull not to brick this coby....

For the UOT kitchen you just have to replace the stock framework with the one you downloaded. If your planning to re-flash you just need to update the
utv210_root.tar file.

Use 7Zip for opening the utv210_root archive, look for the SYSTEM\FRAMEWORK directory and drop the updated framework. at this part 7-zip will ask you..just click yes... when you close 7zip it will ask you if you want to re-archive then just click yes again..and your finish. For me its safer to just do it this way than "extract files, make changes and archive the whole directory again"

Best advice is to start slow and just one mod at the time.
1. Easiest way to mod/open/add/delete files is to
a.)extract the files
b.)edit the one you needed
c.)save the file
d.)drop the edited file at the Archive file and replace the file...
this way you dont have to RE-ARCHIVE the whole directory and we are sure that we didnt mess things up.

99. As of this moment i only see one person who said he successfully use the oc uboot.bin... so unless he shared the files he use..please dont oc yet.

Important Tools to use
7-Zip for opening the archive
Beyond compare or any compare application(this way you can have a directory containing the original file vs a directory with modified files...you can just compare one another to check which files changes)