4 screw hole covers missing? & FT3 differences in manufacture

jplatt11

Feb 1, 2011
This is mainly for people who have taken theirs FT2 apart. and or interested in a FT3

I was wondering who has the 2 screw hole covers in the corners and who doesn,t. The flytouch II that I received has no screws on the cover and no screw hole covers at all. But I've seen pictures of the screw hole covers. Are the non screw hole covers from a later batch, earlier? Non-Gome brand?

I can say the my unit does work as it should, altough it is not without design issues.

The power connector did stop working - I fixed

The left speaker didnt work. (one of the wires had come undone during final assembly (i fixed)

The unit will predictably lock up when a mouse is attached, but not with a keyboard. (not a big issue.)

The FT3:

The adevertised pictures of the FT3 do show the 4 screw hole covers. along with one less MicroSD card slot.

I'm wondering if the screw hole covers are a clue to whether the unit(s) are genuine Flytouch units or Knockoffs.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
There are no typically no genuine products when talking about generics. There are expected differences in batches. Coming from different factories, this sort of thing happens all the time.