7012 shutting off

Discussion in 'Coby Generation 1' started by mjblake, Sep 22, 2012.

1. mjblake

mjblake Member

Tablet / Device:
    KYROS MID7012-4G
    Bought a KYROS tab on sale a couple weeks ago , but returned it unopened as boss promised me a bb playbook . Got impatient , so I just bought another Kyros 2nd hand ( 3 weeks old , so they say ). I'm finding accessories missing , but more importantly , when I try to power it up , the thing shuts down in a matter of seconds . I found something about " bricking " , as in redered useless ; anybody know if that's the case ? Think I got beat.... It's the MID7012-4G.

2. leeshor

leeshor Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    Welcome to the forum

Based just on your brief explanation that would indicate it isn't charged. There may be something else going on but that would be the way a tablet would work if there was no or very little battery left.

3. Spider

Spider Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    NOOK Tablet Stock NOOKcolor Rooted/Flashed Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB Stock
    Hi mjblake, congratulations on your new Coby MID7012 and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. I hope the charger for your tablet is not one of the missing accessories. I agree with Lee, your tablet is doing what all tablets do when the battery is discharged too much to run the tablet. Try putting it on the charger for a few hours and see if that doesn't "fix" the problem. Meanwhile, I'm going to move your thread to the Coby Generation 1 forum to see if the folks who have that tablet have any other ideas to help out.