7022 touchscreen no go

subtotal

Sep 29, 2011
Hey all

Having an issue with my kyros 7022, the touchscreen has decided to stop working (my fault, dropped it:mad:).

The bottom inch or so of the screen was responding (but not the rest of it) so I took the back off and tried reseating the ribbon cables that connect to the screen, but now I'm not getting any response from the screen.

Can anyone suggest anything I can try to get this working?

P.S. While I'm not averse to buying a new tablet I really want this up and running by the weekend to use as an ereader (flying out to a work conference).

Edit: The bottom inch of the screen is working again if that makes a difference. Also, factory reset did not resolve the issue.

Last edited:

subtotal

Sep 29, 2011
well, 235 views and not one reply...

I'll probably grab a 7042 when they come out; think anyone in the southern hemisphere would be interested in buying a 7022 with a 'dead' touchscreen?

(Case is a little battered, electronics are fine apart from the touchscreen)

roberton

Jul 18, 2011
i got the same issue, only about 1" of the bottom screen is responding to my touchs, but have not find any fix yet.... any help?

subtotal

Sep 29, 2011
Unfortunately I haven't turned up anything, I believe the touchscreen itself is damaged on my tablet. Which means either replacing the touchscreen or getting a new tablet.

Given that I'm not 100% certain replacing the touchscreen would work I'm looking at getting one of the new ICS coby tablets, I'm only holding off because I'm having trouble picking a size to go for.