A little confused about IOS and Android?

raju201239

Mar 23, 2012
there are tow best option to buy one- iphone operating system and other Android operating system. Please suggest me which is best to buy and what special about it?

2cool4me4

Jun 29, 2012
You're asking an android forum whether to buy iOS or Android?
Anyway, there is no right or wrong choice. I personally prefer Android because of the customization options and because it just works for me (until it doesn't).
With iOS, you are mostly paying for the brand. Don't mean to bag on Apple fans, but that's just how it works. iOS Products will tend to be more expensive.
Maybe I'll try more of a breakdown approach:
iOS:
Pros:
Ease of Use (from what I've seen)
Don't need to worry about app compatibility if you have the latest product (but new ones are released every 1-2 years to replace the last)
Works most of the time...

CONS:
No way to expand storage on any iOS product to date (If you have an 8GB iPod and fill it, you're stuck)
More expensive (I've already covered this)
Products are replaced every couple of years (this is a real kicker for me)

Android:
Pros:
More customization- without hacking!
Open-Source (great for the more advanced user)
Cheaper Devices due to competing manufacturers
Bigger slew of devices (pick the one that's perfect for you)

CONS:
Works... Until it doesn't (you don't have to worry about this with the bigger manufacturers)
App compatibility may lack due to the larger amount of devices, depending on what you buy

If someone could come in to add more, I would appreciate it!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You were doing well on your own. Maybe a video will help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
My suggestion - is the OP a tweaker, or do they want something that just works?

Signs you are a tweaker:
Want to overclock your device
Poke around the registry for fun
Looking to see what you can upgrade in your computer
Try to do something because someone says it cannot be done.

If you do not fit into that category, Android may not be for you.

iOS, there is (pretty much) only ONE WAY to do something. That is the ONLY WAY. Android, there are hundreds of ways to do the same thing.

For instance - to upload a photo on dropbox on iOS - Open dropbox, login, upload and select the photo to upload.
To upload a photo on Android you can:
Open the photo in Gallery - Share - Dropbox
Open Dropbox - Upload - pick the photo
Use a 3rd party app like ES File Explorer and copy the picture from the directory structure and then paste it in the NET section where your dropbox account is
Go to dropbox.com in a web browser and upload a photo using the web interface (only works in some browsers)

Also, iOS has a keyboard, and ONE keyboard. On the iPad you can make it a split keyboard or a big keyboard. Android has probably 50-100 keyboard apps you can use to suit your needs, including swipe input, thumb keyboards, voice recognition keyboards, etc.

My wife goes nuts trying to use Android because there are so many ways to do stuff. I on the other hand go nuts trying to use an iDevice because there is only one way to do something and it often takes more steps than it would in Android.

And yes, I still use an iPhone....because my employer makes me.