A100s $249 at Walmart

jpconard

Dec 1, 2011
Seems the new standard price on the A100 is $249. Walmart had them for that and saw BB online a few weeks ago was the same. Doesn't make sense to get Fire, Color, or Nook tab, with the full featured A100 at $249.

Even the new Toshiba 7" seems priced very high in comparison with pretty much exact same specs.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
No doubt it is a powerful Tablet for the money, as you say a lot of people are going to be spending nearly as much or even an equal amount for a lesser device.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
That is $100 less then I paid for it a few months ago. :)

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

bitter_beard

Nov 28, 2011
Had I not gotten my A100 on black Friday for $189, I'd definitely pick one up at this price. Heck I'm tempted to get one for my wife but she isn't really interested.
All the people looking at the kindle fire like its such a fantastic device and never give this tab a second look. Its a shame really because as you guys already said those near competitors aren't nearly as capable.
I'd say right now the only thing even close is the new 7 inch galaxy tab and its more money. Let the price keep dropping I guess and then people will snatch'em up and see what they've been missing. Maybe if they're bought en masse the development community will pick up.
Til then I guess we're an exclusive club of happy A100 owners.
Sent from my A100 using Android Tablet Forum

mkztg

Dec 22, 2011
I saw this and they also had a Vizo tablet for $199. They were out of the Vizio so I asked if I could get the Acer for the same price since they were out.... they knocked $20 off the Acer for me just because I asked. I bought this for myself for Christmas. Can't wait to start using it.

aztec3

Oct 28, 2011
I also got mine at BB for Black Friday for USD$189.00. I really thought that I needed a 10" unit, but this form factor is just right for reading and with the other included features it is well above the Kindle Fire or BN Nook, IMHO.

liv2scoot

Aug 21, 2011
The Acer is a real bargain at 200 to 250. They want 370 or 380 for the new Toshiba 7 where I live. Not worth that kind of money although I want one. Wait another month or two and they will be 250.