A200 or A500?

VSchneider

Jul 29, 2012
I'm new to the forum and trying to decide between the Acer A200 and the A500. From the descriptions that I have read I can't seem to figure out which one would be better. They seem very similar.
I should tell you what my needs are. I want to be able to use it as an e-reader, watch movies (both on a netflix account and down loaded), play games and check email. I looked at the Nook tablet and it did everything I wanted except the screen seemed a bit small for some things. I have had very good luck with Acer products in the past so after a bit of reading it has brought me here.
Any opinion's, advice or review's would be appreciated.
Van

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
From all I read the A500 is a better featured tablet. I watch Netflix on my nook and it really does a good job at it. The Nook tablet does a even better job with netflix because it has a faster processor and better screen.

Batchman

May 14, 2011
VSchneider said:
I'm new to the forum and trying to decide between the Acer A200 and the A500. From the descriptions that I have read I can't seem to figure out which one would be better. They seem very similar.

Van

They are very similar. As far as I can see, the only difference is that the A200 doesn't have a rear camera (I've rarely used the one on my A500) or an HDMI output. If those features aren't important to you, then the A200 is the logical choice. If you aren't in a hurry, you might want to also look at the A210, which is due in September. It seems to be the same as the A200, except with a Tegra 3 processor and less memory (8 or 16 GB instead of 16 or 32).

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I should tell you what my needs are. I want to be able to use it as an e-reader, watch movies (both on a netflix account and down loaded), play games and check email. I looked at the Nook tablet and it did everything I wanted except the screen seemed a bit small for some things. I have had very good luck with Acer products in the past so after a bit of reading it has brought me here.
Van

Well I'd always go for the best you can get for your money. The A700 is out now - I'm saving for this one. But I'm happy with my A500. The A200 was the replacement for the A100. And I would never go with a nook. But it is your choice (best bang for your buck).
:cool:

mikearnill

Aug 25, 2012
I will recommend you to go for A500, it would be pretty smart choice. I mean it is cool, have marvelous design, smart touch, brilliant user interface, simple to use and the thing I like most is that one can handle their stuffs damn easily. So I won't hesitate to recommend it.