A500 Demo Operating System

rayking32

Feb 28, 2012
Hi I have just purchased an Iconia Tab A500 but it appears to be running a continual loop of demo software. As this was bought via eBay/3rd party I can't simply get them to sort it out.
Before I go down the route of custom ROM's.................
Is there anywhere I can download original ACER Honeycomb OS ROM's? It is currently on 3.0.1

I don't think this has been asked before, but appologies if it has.

I would prefer to keep the TAB as original as possible

Thanks in advance

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I'm betting you bought a stolen tablet, probably ripped right out of a store display.

You should take it up with eBay' security. Receiving stolen merchandise is also a crime.

You might be able to find links to the original OS installs on XDA Developers
but quite frankly their forums are a mess, and finding anything over there has become a royal pain.

Sean258

Feb 29, 2012
Odds are that it's a floor model, rather than stolen. I'm trying to fix the same issue with an A500 at work and would appreciate any help I can get.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Ok, its a stolen floor model.

Any semi-reputable dealer, when selling off the store model would install the proper OS, and would
take it back when it was discovered that it left the store in an unusable condition.

The fact that it was sold on eBay in an unusable condition just screams stolen merchandise.

Reese1ar

Jul 6, 2011
Working for Target, we aren't even supposed to sell our floor demos for the tablets. They shipped in special for our displays. (at least that was my understanding when they came in) Didn't have market access and some other features. Plus it's ours is useless because some customer password locked it. I agree with Icebike and take it up with Ebay.