A700 Arriving tomorrow

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
Dumb and confusing because they could have simply put in a dedicated charge connection which might have removed the confusion. Anytime you use a standard connector for non-standard uses you get problems.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
My wife already called Dibs on my A500.

I didn't see any indication about selling or buying in the message above so why is the moderator jumping in?

Sent from my HOX

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
Aside from the screen, is it really that much better to have the new processor? maybe I don't use my a500 as heavily as others, but I can't really see what all the hype is about the faster machine. Yes I would like the better display, but even that is decent enough on my a500 that I'm not running out to replace it.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Dumb and confusing because they could have simply put in a dedicated charge connection which might have removed the confusion. Anytime you use a standard connector for non-standard uses you get problems.

Its not a standard connector. It is compatible with a usb cable but it has a boatload of additional pins further in, deeper than a usb plug would go.

The only problem with this design is that you can't transfer data and charge at the same time.

Seriously, lets not start a whine festival about this consolidation of ports. It's a minor issue, and way more likely to become a standard than the A500 port.

Sent from my HOX

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
I do almost all of my data transfer through ES File Explorer over WiFi. For the larger files like movies, I'll use the USB connection, but everything else is quick enough through ES..So, yeah...I agree that that's not much of an issue.

I'm sure most know about ESFE, but I'll post the link in case anyone who runs across this doesn't. Download