Accessing camera through 3rd party browsers

Susie_tee75

Apr 11, 2012
Hi All,

New here, so apologies for lack of techy information!

I have Galaxy Tab 10.1 and have installed Opera Mobile and this is now my preferred browser, it is great on the sites I use and the menus are much better when completing on-line forms. The general speed is also better than the default browser ... but it cannot see the on-board camera.

I upload a number of photos and in the default browser when attaching a file it can access the on board camera saving the need to take the photo outside the browser and save it then to attach it. I hoped that someone may know of a setting that would enable to on board camera in other browsers?

I also have some control on the website I am using so if anyone knows of a function that could call the camera from a website that would also help.

Many thanks, please ask if you need any more information.

Many thanks
Sue

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I don't know the answer to this but check to see it Opera has an add-on that uses the camera. If not there may be other browsers you can try with add-ons to use the camera. Dolphin HD is pretty full featured and has all kinds of extensions available. Also there may just be third party apps that bring this functionality to browsers. Search the Play store and see what you find.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Hi All,

New here, so apologies for lack of techy information!

I have Galaxy Tab 10.1 and have installed Opera Mobile and this is now my preferred browser, it is great on the sites I use and the menus are much better when completing on-line forms. The general speed is also better than the default browser ... but it cannot see the on-board camera.

I upload a number of photos and in the default browser when attaching a file it can access the on board camera saving the need to take the photo outside the browser and save it then to attach it. I hoped that someone may know of a setting that would enable to on board camera in other browsers?

I also have some control on the website I am using so if anyone knows of a function that could call the camera from a website that would also help.

Many thanks, please ask if you need any more information.

Many thanks
Sue

Unfortunately the camera only work via specific apps unlike pcs wjere you can install drivers.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2