Acer Begins Rolling OTA Android 3.1 Update for Iconia Tab A500

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
acer-iconic-tab-a500-update.jpg

Yesterday was the day that Acer began rolling out their OTA Android 3.1 update for the Iconia Tab A500. That means that within the next few days those who own one of these tabs will be able to experience it with a host of new features, including deeper multitasking, resizable widgets, and support for USB host devices. Sound off in the forums when you get your update and tell us what you think.

Source: Engadget

ramgom

Jul 7, 2011
To my surprised (I wasn't expected the update) I received the notification to upgrade to Android 3.1, I was very excited since we never got the fix in Canada for the screen turning on/off when idle. So far I'm very happy with the update, there are many improves in speed and battery life, also I had Aldiko Premium installed and every time I switched from landscape to portrait it will force closed but not anymore I've been using it since yesterday and I'm yet to see one of those. (with Aldiko that is).
A very happy Iconia user.

rjgtr

Nov 28, 2010
I got my update yesterday and everything seems to work better. The browser is now handling JAVA script a lot better and is faster.

I also was able to install the Netflix app from the Market, but it only lets me manage the Queue. I can see movies, but it errors when I try and play them. At least theres some progress, though.

stangmaster98

Mar 5, 2011
Waiting in Jacksonville, FL .......... I'm sure it will come soon ----

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

ideal

May 26, 2011
Hello,

I recevied the update without any problems the day before yesterday. Location : Acharnes, Greece