Advice for Pipo or other quad-core A9 tablets

K1tsun3

Aug 16, 2013
Hi Everyone! I've been doing a lot of research on tablets lately as I've been looking for a quality tablet sub £200. This has led me to the Chinese market, so I've been watching and reading loads of reviews over the last few weeks and hope to make my purchase ASAP, within the week. So all help is welcomed.

My tablet preference is for an 8.9" quad-core 2GB Ram with min 6hr battery life (of course the more the better), with a solid IPS screen and god wifi (no need for 3G). I would consider a 7.9" or a 9.7" as well. I'd like a decent benchmark as I do enjoy playing games too.

The main tablets I have been looking at are the Pipos. I've been considering the U8, M6 and M7Pro, so the 3 different screen sizes mentioned above. The M6 benchmark isn't too impressive, the U8 is the smaller option and the M7Pro- decent benchmark but I don't like how all ports are on top with camera.

Any recommendations or comments on specific details if you use one is much appreciated. I'm also open to other tablets that I could look into. There are just so many, but really don't want any sizes other than ones mentioned. Thanks in advance. Will have a further look on the forum, but didn't see a specific Pipo forum.

K1tsun3

Aug 16, 2013
I should probably state that I'm looking for one that will go strong for at least 2 years, as I won't be able to upgrade until then. I will be a part-time student for the next 2 years working on my masters, so I'm looking for something for researching, writing and reading, as well as a decent media device for gaming and videos whilst travelling. I'm also hoping to get an android TV device to stream media between the two. Thanks.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
How long a tablet is going to last can't be predicted, if you buy a tablet, you might want to buy a two or three year warranty from a place like SquareTrade.

My tablet is Lenovo A2109 it has only 1GB of ram not two, so doesn't meet your criteria, none the less it's a great tablet.

K1tsun3

Aug 16, 2013
How long a tablet is going to last can't be predicted, if you buy a tablet, you might want to buy a two or three year warranty from a place like SquareTrade.

My tablet is Lenovo A2109 it has only 1GB of ram not two, so doesn't meet your criteria, none the less it's a great tablet.

Thanks. I'll definitely have a look. The Quad-core and tablet size is higher on the list of priorities, which this tablet meets. Of course I'd prefer to have all of the above. As for life, yeah, it all can vary greatly. What is the battery life like on that tablet? Do you play any games heavily reliant on graphics? If so, does the tablet cope? Thanks.

I'm also a bit worried about ordering direct from China. Researching sellers is just as painstaking as researching all these tablets. I can't afford to lose out on my money. I'm even considering Sumvision, which is apparently PiPo rebranded and sold by Ebuyer, but would prefer to have time to set it up and play within it before I go back to work, and the new Sumvision is shipping for another 4 weeks from Ebuyer.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
I'm also a bit worried about ordering direct from China. Researching sellers is just as painstaking as researching all these tablets. I can't afford to lose out on my money. I'm even considering Sumvision, which is apparently PiPo rebranded and sold by Ebuyer, but would prefer to have time to set it up and play within it before I go back to work, and the new Sumvision is shipping for another 4 weeks from Ebuyer.

Hello, again. I spoke with you on your first thread. And, once again, I would warn you to proceed with caution when it comes to domestic Chinese tablets. Even rebranded, if the device hasn't been refitted for the international market, when you do a factory reset, it will revert to Chinese. So, I hope there's a Chinese restaurant nearby, that has geeks on staff to get you back on track.

Cheers.
Ed

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
The downside from buying from China is the cost to return the tablet for warranty if something goes wrong with the tablet.

The cost is high and down time can be months. My Lenovo was bought at BestBuy.
Lenovo has been a great company to deal with.
I don't game for heavy gaming more ram would be better.

Sent from my SPH-D710 Android Phone