after trying the a700 would you recommend buying it?

wadderus

Dec 26, 2011
hi
my brother is going on a short trip to the us and scince the tablets are much cheaper over there when compared with europe i figure its a good chance for me to upgrade .....i had acer a500 as my first ever tablet for seven month ....and it was great specially after the ics update...so i learned to trust acer and that is why i got my eyes on the hd screen of the a 700 ....but unfortunately i read so many negative reviews about it ....slow ,not adequate processor, heating issue so i thought the best thing is to ask for an advise from people who experienced playing with it ....my other choices would be the iconia a510 or the new ipad the wifi 16 gb version ....both in the same price range

i will not have the chane to try the tablet before purchasing it ...so any advise would be highly appreciated

Last edited:

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
This is technically my first "premium" tablet. I've only ever used seven inch tablets before, and when I compare this to them, this wins hands down. Now that I've tweaked it, rooted, disabled and deleted all the bloat, it's fantastic. I think the only thing I'm not enjoying is using ICS. I've used Gingerbread for so long (specifically CM7) that I think I'm set in my ways. The stock launcher on here just sucks, and I think that's my main issue. I installed Go Launcher EX and was pretty pleased, and it was quite a bit faster than stock.

It's an amazing first tablet, but I'd wait for the next generation to come around if you've already got an A500...This just isn't that big of a leap forward.

diiorio

Dec 21, 2011
well, great unit at least the mobile 710 1080p one im testing, but, they need to lower the retail price a tad. I really don't feel acer users are going to shell out to cost for the 1080p 3D screen over the current version of the 700 series. I wil lsay yes it is sharper, much more detailed. But the price jump by possibly 300 dollars just doesn't warrent it.

Last edited:

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
well, great unit at least the mobile 710 1080p one im testing, but, they need to lower the retail price a tad. I really don't feel acer users are going to shell out to cost for the 1080p 3D screen over the current version of the 700 series. I wil lsay yes it is sharper, much more detailed. But the price jump by possibly 300 dollars just doesn't warrent it.
Yeah price is the issue. I'm still trying to save the cash for A700. Do you think the A710 will be launched with Jelly Bean instead of ICS?