All I Want is my Google calendar

MKITGO2

Apr 15, 2011
So I have had my Gtab for a little over a week and have been making progress in all but 1 item.

I cannot get my Google calendar to pull in. The built in calendar app says it can add an external calendar, but asks for a URL to the Cal, and I can't find one that works for the google site ( http://calendar.google.com/calendar/a/[your domain]/m is the most suggested)

The other suggestions revolve around getting to "manage accounts" in the settings>applications>system applications>accounts and sync menu.... problem is there is no "manage account option when i get there.

Looking to see if anyone hasexperiencegetting this calendar to work. We use Google calendar as our central family calendar and was one of the primary reasons the gTab made sense... so we could use the calendar easily from around the house etc...

Thanks in advance for help.

MKITGO2

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0b5.1.1 using Android Tablet Forum

Morgue

Apr 1, 2011
Not sure I can help, but I'll try. I use my google calendars, and others very often.

Is the calendar that is giving you an issue the main calendar for the gmail account you use on the tab? Assuming you are talking about your google account's main calendar.

If that is the case do you get ANY calendar information from the default calendar app?

qkster

Apr 24, 2011
So I have had my Gtab for a little over a week and have been making progress in all but 1 item.

I cannot get my Google calendar to pull in. The built in calendar app says it can add an external calendar, but asks for a URL to the Cal, and I can't find one that works for the google site ( http://calendar.google.com/calendar/a/[your domain]/m is the most suggested)

The other suggestions revolve around getting to "manage accounts" in the settings>applications>system applications>accounts and sync menu.... problem is there is no "manage account option when i get there.

Looking to see if anyone hasexperiencegetting this calendar to work. We use Google calendar as our central family calendar and was one of the primary reasons the gTab made sense... so we could use the calendar easily from around the house etc...

Hi. Hope this helps
I have not found a specific app that works well to display the GC(google calendar).
I have found the calendar app that came google installation to be reasonable once Wifi is set up. It is not as colorful and detailed as your PC webpage GC, but if you choose the weekly display, it is pretty detailed.
You can also use your stock browser, Dolphin or any other browser. (With Wifi) Log in @ website google.com and go to your calendar. Bookmark the site and set up a shortcut on your tablet. This gives you all the details and functionality of your pc displayed calendar.

flast

Apr 24, 2011
When you get to "Accounts & Sync" do see:

"Background data", with the check box checked
"Auto-sync", with check box checked

Blow that, There should then be a bar with "Manage accounts" on it.
Below that you should see, "Google" with your account name.
[email protected]

Long press your account name and a selection box will pop up, with a list of items that can be sync'd.

Are you able to download email?

I apologize if you have already tried this, I see that you said that the "Manage accounts" bar is not there.

It took about 30 min for the account name to show the list for me.
I am syncing 4 calendars with no problems.

flast

Apr 24, 2011
PS:

You don't need to do anything to the default calendar program, it automatically imports the info

stratqueen

Jan 20, 2012
I have been having trouble with getting my Google Calendar to sync onto my Velocity Cruz T410. I am able to view the calendar on the tablet's browser, and I bookmarked it, but I can't figure out how to make a shortcut on the tablet's home page from the bookmark. My entire life is ruled by this calendar. Can anyone help?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

-Sharon

Hi. Hope this helps
I have not found a specific app that works well to display the GC(google calendar).
I have found the calendar app that came google installation to be reasonable once Wifi is set up. It is not as colorful and detailed as your PC webpage GC, but if you choose the weekly display, it is pretty detailed.
You can also use your stock browser, Dolphin or any other browser. (With Wifi) Log in @ website google.com and go to your calendar. Bookmark the site and set up a shortcut on your tablet. This gives you all the details and functionality of your pc displayed calendar.