Amazon Free App of the Day

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Where would you like to start with this one, three 5 star ratings and 12 (twelve) 1 star ratings? How about the fact that they say the app contains no ads but they have an entire page of them? Or the fact that they use your GPS coords, to provide the info, thereby draining your battery?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
they use your GPS coords, to provide the info, thereby draining your battery?

That would be convenient for someone who travels a lot. All my weather thingies require me to enter the location.

biking4jesus

Aug 27, 2011
That would be convenient for someone who travels a lot. All my weather thingies require me to enter the location.
You must have the wrong 'weather thingies'. All of mine (1Weather, WeatherBug, Accuweather, and Weather.com will automatically show weather for my current location. Most allow you to set whether the determine location using network or GPS.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
All my weather thingies require me to enter the location.

Correction, the one on my N7 2013 doesn't ask where I am, it knows. Now that I'm awake and thinking, the others are all on devices that don't have a GPS.:rolleyes:

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
There you go. You got a zip code, you can get a weather forecast. This app gets its info from Weather Underground. B4J welcome to the discussion!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
B4J welcome to the discussion!

Yes definitely, JB and I were getting pretty lonesome here all by ourselves.

BTW I think there's a chapter of your MC in Gainesville, MO. Is that the one you belong to?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Supermarket Management is the 10/10 app.

Help Kate climb her way to the top and become Supermarket Manager! Keep your customers happy as you manage a supermarket in this mile-a-minute time management game. Purchase upgrades and hire co-workers to make your store run more efficiently and increase profits.

biking4jesus

Aug 27, 2011
Yes definitely, JB and I were getting pretty lonesome here all by ourselves.

BTW I think there's a chapter of your MC in Gainesville, MO. Is that the one you belong to?

Surely you didn't think you were all alone in here. I'm sure there are many other lurkers who appreciate what you 3 are doing. Now we don't have to open the Amazon app store every day for fear of missing a great FAOTD.

I'm on the other kind of 'bike' (the kind you have to pedal), and I split my time between Jackson, MS & Baton Rouge, LA.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I remember installing an app similar to supermarket management , they are fun apps for kids and they learn something as well. Hi, biking4jesus, good name! How many miles do do you ride a day?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Unolingo Series 2 is the 10/11 app.

Are you bereft of a crossword that stimulates your word knowledge, reasoning and deduction skills? Select from four difficulty levels to fill 26 empty squares requiring the precise placement of each letter in the alphabet. 160 puzzles will provide hours of fun for players of all skill levels.

PLEASE NOTE: This app lets you purchase digital content using actual money. On Kindle Fire, you can configure parental controls from the device Settings menu, and then selecting Parental Controls. On Android devices, you can configure in-app purchasing parental controls from the settings menu within the Amazon Appstore.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
This looks like a very fun game and it is free, if you do not mind them having access to your network information. Some of the lower ratings reviews said that they do have IAPs for you to buy additional puzzles for $5 each. Yikes! No problem for me as I'd never get that far.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Some of the lower ratings reviews said that they do have IAPs for you to buy additional puzzles for $5 each.

Thanks for the heads-up re: IAPs JB. I edited my post to add the warning. Seems like a long time since we've had to do that, and I was hoping they'd stopped doing it for the FAOTD. Guess not. :(