Android and Google Explosive Growth Keeps going

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Business Insider is showing some pretty impressive data on OS adoption, only Apple and Android are showing any market growth, and Android is not only far outpacing iOS, but it looks to be double the number of users on Android in about 90 days!

chart-of-the-day-smartphone-platforms-july-2011.jpg

comScore also shows that even with the all the new Blackberry and Windows devices, it seems that those platforms may be heading out into the sunset.

Top Smartphone Platforms
3 Month Avg. Ending May 2011 vs. 3 Month Avg. Ending Feb. 2011
Total U.S. Smartphone Subscribers Ages 13+
Source: comScore MobiLens
Share (%) of Smartphone Subscribers
Feb-11May-11Point Change
Total Smartphone Subscribers100.0%100.0%N/A
Google33.0%38.1%5.1
Apple25.2%26.6%1.4
RIM28.9%24.7%-4.2
Microsoft7.7%5.8%-1.9
Palm2.8%2.4%-0.4

sources - Business Daily Insider, comScore, CNN Tech

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
Honestly, as someone who was into the PalmOS stuff before they were also phones and currently owns a WinMo 6.5 phone who's Backup and Market services have been cut off before my 2-year contract is even up, I can't be more ready to go to an Android Phone.

I'm well aware that I'm a geek and a 1%-er and don't represent the mass of the buying public, but Windows Phone 7 is merely an exercise in control on MS's part, and I won't be a part of it. They can copy Apple's model all they want, they won't get my money.

I EAGERLY await the chance to buy an Android smartphone based on my experiences with Android tablets.