Android Dual-Boot Tablet

robertkjr3d

Aug 30, 2012
I'm poking around the market. I'm looking for a Windows 7/8 dual-booter with Android Honeycomb and/or above. But it has to be better than 1024x768 resolution... a 10 inch tablet. I do need the Android App store to work. I also don't want to pay through my nose. I realize I may be a little too early for this market, it seems. Most dualboot tabs seem to be Win7/Froyo. Or buy a win7 mutti-touch tab and put Bluestacks on it (which I'm guessing wouldn't really work that well).

Anywhere to look yet? for real.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

There have been some Windows 7 Android dual boot tablets in the past but none that are current as they were VERY expensive and the Windows 7 very slow.

You are unlikely to see a dual boot Windows 8 Android tablet in the future for 2 reasons. The real Windows 8 tablets will be running on on x86 platforms rather than ARM processors and because of that, they too will be expensive. In the near term, just South of $1,000 US. The second reason you may not see that combination is because Micro$oft is configuring Windows 8 with a secure bootloader which will make it difficult to impossible to dual boot anything.

robertkjr3d

Aug 30, 2012
Thanks... When googling around I've seen some hints at Windows8/Android here and there. But I see your point. I even watched a video that looked pretty impressive, something called a 'Winslate' from the UK, but it didn't seem to be available for pricing, and likely very expensive.

Another question... If I do go the road with Windows. Is bluestacks a real way to keep my Android life alive? I seen their might be a way to make it have the market too.

But I still want to entertain others if they have more comments on the dual-boots tabs.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I did forget about that slate but if I remember it was basically Windows 8 with a VM akin to Bluestacks. But that's isn't dual boot either.

Last edited:

robertkjr3d

Aug 30, 2012
I actually registered at the tablestoreuk.com that supposedly sells the 'winslate', but it is one of those companies that seems very unresponsive. I sent them an email (no response), I registered (no response). The site actually isn't very intuitive. It is like they don't want to sell anything at all. (or how do they sell anything at all?/perhaps normally just to large corporations.) The base price was set at about $700+ US... but completely unclear about the dual-booting. It was only in the video, showcasing the tablet. Almost like you had to figure out how to hack the tablet to put both OS(s) on yourself.

Update: I did get a reply from tablestoreuk.com ... However I couldn't make sense of it.

Update: I did get a reply that made a little more sense ... However I think I'm going to choose a different path. See my next post.

Last edited:

robertkjr3d

Aug 30, 2012
I think I'm going to go this route: To buy a nice Windows8 tablet and keep my Android life alive with Bluestacks. I've been reading glowing reviews on how it is supposed to work wonders. There are certain apps I want to carry around that only work on Android. Of course there are certain applications that only work on Windows.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
There are ALSO certain apps that do not currently work in Bluestacks. It's not a perfect clone.

Also since both versions of Windows 8 are, well, Windows 8, Bluestacks will need to be modified to run since standard Windows programs won't.

Natey2

May 25, 2012