Android Market Download unsuccessful

vk8366

Nov 18, 2010
Hi All. I'm using a M701 no name epad running v2.1. I have access to the MArket and try to download Apps. The process seems to be fine and I locate a free App and get to the "install' button and accept preferences but the little download icon appears at the top of the screen with moving down arrow for about 5 secs and stops with message "download unsuccessful". I have downloaded a couple apps fine about 2 weeks ago but everything I try now to download fails.
Anyone have an idea why? Is there some security switch somewhere I need to set?

Vk8366

Jhawk

Jan 2, 2011
Another question to add to this thread...how do you install android marketplace to a Chinese tablet?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Usually you try to clear data from Manage applications. If market does not come installed, it usually is not a simple install to apply.

andyhotc

Apr 23, 2011
Hi, I am having exactly the same problem. Was working great then suddenly stopped. Seemed to be around the time I set up my mini usb 3G dongle. Can still access web via wifi and 3G but no longer download anything from Android Market :( Please can anyone help. So much I want to do with my new device. Now feel so limited and frustrated.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2011
ok well ...i have an imito im7 android tablet that i got from china...ok well the android market does say download unsuccessful ...so my tablet already had a file explorer....as long as yu have one too ...doesnt matter wich one...keep reading. Ok so i downloaded this app called applanet. you can download it from there website at applanet.net, it gives all the same apps and you can download it from there...also this applanet market alternative has paid apps that have been cracked or just remained the same and all the apps are free even the paid ones...once you download the applanet.apk , copy it to the sd card root which means its not in any folder and install it by opening up the file explorer you hade ( i had es file explorer) and install and there you have an alternate market i havent gotten the real market tho, also if you want to download apks for free for android or any other OS go to mobilism.org and it will give you a lot of apps for free even the paid ones ...yur welcome

nor11wan

Jul 29, 2010
Hi there,I have installed Android Market to my Tablet,I also have a G-mail account
After signing with G-mail at Android Market,and selecting the application I wanted
I hit "install" but I got a message indiciting "does not recognize decive"
Where do I go from there???

machinusx

Apr 29, 2011
I HAVE A WORKAROUND (skip to the MY WORKAROUND paragraph if you are in a hurry--don't want background info)

I encountered the Download Unsuccessful issue more and more frequently once I replaced my original SD card (wouldn't have replaced it, but it began misbehaving, as did my son's on the same model: Droid X).

Yesterday I lost more and more functions and decided to do a factory reset. Once I entered my google account info, the market went crazy trying to push all my previous apps to my phone (even those I had long ago removed), and it seemed nothing would stop them from being pushed. The humorous thing is that the apps were supposedly being sent to my phone, but each one resulted in the message 'Download Unsuccessful'; the loop could have gone on for hours.

OTHER THINGS I TRIED that may be ENOUGH of a solution for others:
*uninstalling the android market update
*deleting the cache from the market app
*deleting the data from the market app then re-associating the market app with my google account
*multiple re-boots
*multiple factory resets
*wiped the dalvik cache
*formatted my sd card
*pulled my sd card THEN tried to download market apps

I (thought I) resolved this by wiping the phone yet again, and NOT re-adding my old account. I made a new google account and thought everything was fine; was happily downloading multiple free apps and setting things up. Then I realized the Google Market associates the first account placed on the phone with the market and all those downloaded apps with that account too. I'd previously spent over 80$ on software and use it and wanted it back.

MY WORKAROUND:
First of all I downloaded the Opera Mobile app via the built-in browser. That let me download other apks. If this doesn't work for you, be sure your Settings: Applications: Unknown Sources checkbox is CHECKED. From Opera Mobile, I was able to download the AppBrain apk. I wanted to download the Fast Web Installer apk directly too, but the App Brain link took me to the Market software (which we want to stay away from)

SO I USED OPERA TO GO TO: https://market.android.com/ I signed in to the market web site with my google account I had purchased all my apps through. I located Fast Web Installer and grabbed the apk. I went back to AppBrain and activated the Fast Web Installer. Went to the AppBrain website and clicked through the list of apps I remembered (that were free) and chose INSTALL. They were PUSHED to my phone which was slick.

I got to my previously paid apps via that market link: https://market.android.com/ and by doing a text search for the apps I wanted to re-install. Since I was logged in, the 'Purchased' status was visible and I could click the 'Purchased' phrase to re-download my paid for apps. The crappy part is that my troubleshooting took so damn long. But the end solution is not that difficult actually!

jayter

Jul 29, 2011
Hi All. I'm using a M701 no name epad running v2.1. I have access to the MArket and try to download Apps. The process seems to be fine and I locate a free App and get to the "install' button and accept preferences but the little download icon appears at the top of the screen with moving down arrow for about 5 secs and stops with message "download unsuccessful". I have downloaded a couple apps fine about 2 weeks ago but everything I try now to download fails.
Anyone have an idea why? Is there some security switch somewhere I need to set?

Vk8366

I purchase a tablet ebay....el chipo tablet probably from china (even though it was an american seller) the first day i had the tablet it worked find. I got tablet saturday and downloaded some apps from google android market - craigslist, spades, ebay, angry birds. Well sunday i went to download more apps and it just would download kept saying "download unsuccessful". It took me an entire week and half I still couldn't find an answer.....well i finally found out that there a few places that have apps instead of just google. I now have amazon app store and now I HAVE APPS. There is also applanet (which didn't work for me) which also has apps for the tables. so if someone starts to have this problem again....so far so good...find any webstore that just has apps for tablets