Android Marketplace failing to Download Apps Successfully

cleft5

Jun 10, 2011
Hi I am in need of help and I here this is the place to go. I have the Coby Kyros 7015A. When I got the system it already had 7015A installed on it so I didn't have to install the update from Coby. I went through all the steps listed in the Rooting and Google Marketplace using update to 7015A....step by step process Thread. I was able to get the process to work and everything was going smoothly. However, when I go to the Android Marketplace I can view everything normally, but when I try to download something from there it says Download Unsuccessful. I have no idea why this is happening, Please Help.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2011
I believe you need to make an account (or associate with a pre-existing google account).
Did you do this? If not, that is your problem.
If you did do this, then I do not have a solution.

Apr 28, 2011
Awkward. I am not sure if it is with the google account link, or with hardware issue. Try to diagnose the problem yourself, and maybe you will find a solution. Try to uninstall and reinstall, that may work.

cleft5

Jun 10, 2011
Okay so I was looking around this site and the internet and this seems to be a problem that does occur. Normally it happens with mobile phones and it seems that a few other people here have encountered this issue. There was some talk that the problem may be related to Googletalkservice.apk. When I located that file and tried to reinstall it, it basically said it could not install the file. I search around the internet and found another googletalkservice.apk and installed that one. Someone claimed this actually fixed there problem. It didn't fix my issue at all. Finally, I reinstalled gapps-passion-EPE54B-signed, but I didn't uninstall the previous version. This didn't work either. I am not really sure how to uninstall gapps-passion-EPE54B-signed, if you or someone could tell me how that would be great. I am at the point where I am firmly considering a factory reset, I don't have a lot of stuff on my system at the moment as I just brought it. But I would rather not do this, please advise me on a course of action.

Thank you for the respond and suggestion, I do appreciate it.

rhk111

Jun 13, 2011
I have the exact, same problem. Take note that I can download thru AppLib just fine, but not on the newly installed Google Market Place. I guess that means I'm stuck with AppLib for now with my Coby 7015A ...

Apr 28, 2011
Try to upgrade to the HC ROM if you want. Appslib is gone, but market actually works. It may work, but you will have to erase all current data on tablet to get this to work (the instructions are clear and tell u how to do this)

cleft5

Jun 10, 2011
So I can use the Android Marketplace now. Its sort of odd how this works but here is what I did. Nothing at all. Thats right nothing at all. You see what I found out is that when I try to download something straight from the Android Marketplace it will fail to download. Basically it says, download unsuccessful. However there is an odd work around, once you try to download something and get the download unsuccessful you can go back to front of the Android Marketplace. There are 3 major tabs that are at the top: Apps, Games, and Downloads. If you go to the download section you will see the app you just tried to download, Click on that app, at this point the device will take you to another place and you should see that the app tries to Download. May take some time, like a minute or two and you won't see the download progress but just wait. The app will download and install the way it should normally do. Its odd but thats the work around that I used and it ended up working for me so I can now get stuff from the Android Marketplace. Honestly, the Android Marketplace is nice but not that great if you can get access to the Amazon Marketplace. To do that just download the 4shared App straight from 4shared.com. The search Amazon.apk and you will find the latest Amazon Marketplace. Once you are there you have access to most of the latest content as it is the Amazon Marketplace. Another killer app store is the one from AndroidPit.net. So if the Android Marketplace doesn't work for you just get 4shared which has an app and download the Amazon Marketplace. Then get the AndroidPit.net app. Hope it helps.

cleft5

Jun 10, 2011
See I got this app using my work around from the android marketplace hope it works for you too.

Sent from my MID7015A using Android Tablet Forum