Another Lumiread Question

FlutteringBy

Jul 5, 2011
I'm running ICS on my A500......

I have added a couple of new categories to Lumiread to help organize my books.....it was easy enough to add a category, but for the life of me I can't see how to delete a customized category that I no longer need.....

What obvious step am I missing?.....:confused:.......

Many thanks,
FlutteringBy

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Hold down on the category you want to delete until the menu pops up, then rename or delete.

FlutteringBy

Jul 5, 2011
That's what I thought but I don't seem to get a menu popping up.....

I am on the screen that shows all my category choices & has the (+) at the right edge....is this the screen that you are referring to?

Okay.....I see what you are saying.....I get that option on all the other categories except the one I want to delete....it figures...lol....I guess there's something wrong with it.....I'll have to play around with it.....

Thanks for confirming....

FlutteringBy

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Now that is really strange. Yes, I'm on the screen with the + at the right, and when I make a test category, I can delete it the way I said, but when I hold down on any of the other ones already in the app, I don't get the pop-up menu. Sounds like the opposite of yours. If it won't mess your books up so bad, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that fixes a glitch, if that's what it is. Sounds like something is wrong with yours. Good luck.

FlutteringBy

Jul 5, 2011
I rebooted my tab & now have a category that has duplicated itself, but the other stuff has settled down......

Every now & then I leave Mantano to give Lumiread another try......& then I end up going back to Mantano.....its a long learning curve....lol....

Thanks again for your help, now get out & enjoy that sunshine!!......

FlutteringBy