Anybody know if SWYPE will install/run on the Novo7's?

UncleMike

Jan 27, 2012
I'm all spoiled with Swype on my Samsung Galaxy as an input method. (hate typing on individual keys on virtual keyboards).

Has anyone heard/read/tried to see if Swype will work on our Novo's?

I thought it was a Samsung exclusive, but I see Nokia runs/offers it........so, do we know if it's something that is universally compatible with ALL Android devices?

Thanks for any info.

AndroidGirl85

Mar 12, 2012
@Uncle Mike: Hey...I have an ainol Basic ICS 4.0.1 And I was searching for a method to get swype as well but swype itself, like I knew it from my Samsung Galaxy, didnt work. But I found a nice alternative called Touchpal Curve. At the moment I only can run it in english, searching for how I can make swype technic possible in german....but if you use it in english its perfectly working and really a nice alternative to the used swype. You can find it as an apk download over google, or if you like I can send the file to you. Just PM me, as Im not sure if its ok to post download links here in the forum from stuff you upload anywhere?!

If anyone knows how to get a german touchpal working he or she is welcome.....I downloaded the german dictionary pack but its not working!!!

Lectruck

Apr 23, 2011
Swype is an input method for touchscreens where the user enters words by sliding a finger or stylus from letter to letter, lifting only between words.[SUP][1][/SUP] It uses error-correcting algorithms and a language model to guess the intended word. It also includes a tapping predictive text system in the same interface. Swype is designed for use on touchscreen devices with a traditional QWERTY keyboard. Swype was first commercially available on the Samsung Omnia II running Windows Mobile.