APP that can replace Microsoft Word?

Jan 13, 2012
I have a Galaxy Tablet, and I bought the Wifi Keyboard to go with it. I have an Anatomy class, that I record his lectures but would also like to type the notes as he talks, because writing them.. isn't as easy because he talks wayy too fast. I just got this, so I am trying to find a good APP that will let me type notes, store the notes and print them with my wireless printer (if this is even possible).

I tried looking up previous threads about this but all i've found is where people want to actually write the notes on their tablet, and I want to be able to type them. I am extremely fast at typing, and awfully slow at writing.

Pleaseee help! And thank you in advance, I appreciate it.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Lots of decent apps such as OfficeSuite, Documents To Go, QuickOffice and more. These offer Microsoft Office file compatibility with Word and other Office apps.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Jan 13, 2012
I downloaded Ever Note.. and it's nice, but what I want is this. I have 2 classes, World Civilizations and Anatomy.

I want/need an APP that can all of this..
Print the note, after the classes
Save them until I personally delete them
I don't have internet options at school, so it can't require internet
I want to be able to title each specific note with what class and day it is
And it must have Auto Correct.

onykage

Jan 11, 2012
use google docs. use your phone as a hotspot. Get the google docs app and roll with it. just my 2 cents.

elektros

Jan 5, 2012
I use Quick Office Pro. Works for me:)

Most of the 'office' apps come in a free version that is just a viewer, so relatively useless, plus a Pro or Editor version that actually lets you create and edit files. The latter cost anything from 5 to 15 bucks, depending if they are on special offer. Paid 15 dollars on what used to be AndAppSite (now known as Soc.io Mall - weird name!) and then found I could have got it cheaper either on a different app site or direct from the developer.

Olive Office Editor is free, but wouldn't install on my Cruz tablet :(

It came with the free (viewer only) version of Mobisoft Office, but I read that the Pro version wouldn't work on Cruz (?). Gambled on Quick Office Pro, because it is preinstalled on Cruz tabs that have Gingerbread (2.3). Hoped it would work on one with FroYo (2.2), and it does. OTOH, I think the HD version requires Honeycomb (3.0).

Later discovered that Kingsoft Office is also free, but don't know what that's like.

PS: Mobisoft Office is the same as Office Suite that the other guy mentionned, and Docs To Go is by Dataviz. That has been around since before Android on various mobile platforms, so Docs To Go is the veteran of the bunch, but again the freebie is only a viewer. On Windows Mobile it used to be compatible with WordPerfect, but I can't find anything for Android that is.

PPS: To print you will need a printing app. I have Cortado Workplace (Free), because it is the only one I could get to install on the Cruz, but there's no Android driver for my printer (Lexmark 900 series) :( Think I could still print via the cloud and then through my PC, but that sounds complicated! E-mailing files to myself is more at my level of comprehension.

Last edited:

ivanmeca

Jan 20, 2012
Hi,
I'm using kingsoft office and for me it's perfect. It's free and you can view or edit any word, powerpoint and excel documents.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum