App To Remove Videos Completely From HD

Kuman

Sep 20, 2013
It seems in Android when u view a video in a browser it's saved on the tab's HD which is something u don't usually need. It's found when u try to recover deleted files. I have Firefox in mind. There's an app that is able to remove it completely from the HD?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
In Android 8.1, Settings > Apps > Firefox > Storage > Clear Cache. Older versions of Android will be similar, though the Clear Cache button may be prominently displayed instead of hidden beneath Storage.

If you want another alternative, install and run SDMaid.

Kuman

Sep 20, 2013
In Android 8.1, Settings > Apps > Firefox > Storage > Clear Cache. Older versions of Android will be similar, though the Clear Cache button may be prominently displayed instead of hidden beneath Storage.

If you want another alternative, install and run SDMaid.

I suppose when u run a File recovery app it discovers what's left in the tab's HD from video/pics that've been deleted.
Am I right?

I clear the cache regularly, so it's not what I'm inquiring about.

I'll install & run it.

Kuman

Sep 20, 2013
I run it though it couldn't find anything substantial. There's s/t else I could install or get the pro version if it's any better?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I have the pro version, and it is more effective than the free version. Even if SD Maid doesn't solve this issue, I recommend having it on your device anyway.

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
I suppose when u run a File recovery app it discovers what's left in the tab's HD from video/pics that've been deleted.
Am I right?

+1 on SD Maid, but perhaps I'm missing something...why run a recovery app when you're trying to delete something.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Indeed. I must be missing something here as well. @Kuman, you were trying to delete leftovers from your device's storage. Has that changed? A file recovery program like Recuva will do the exact reverse of what you originally said in your opening post.

Kuman

Sep 20, 2013
No, it's still the same. The one I have is for Video recovery. It found 2 clips, then l removed them, otherwise they're totally hidden. It can't recover pics.
SD maid listed a /cache folder accessable only as root which I can't delete. It might be full of files I definitely need to get rid of, about 13 Mb altogether.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The cache can likely be cleared in the recovery if you don't want to root or can't root.

Kuman

Sep 20, 2013
I don't really want to root it cause it'd mess up GPlay. Factory recovery isn't in the works either, I have too many things on the tab.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You can do more than factory reset with a stock recovery. Unless the tablet manufacturer took away the capability, you should be able to clear the cache without having to reset the tablet. If you don't have that option in the stock recovery or are unwilling to take it or any of the other options presented here, you'll have to live with the videos on the tablet.

Kuman

Sep 20, 2013
There's any thread here where I can find out more about Stock Recovery?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Not that I know of. This is because the people on this site prefer to root their devices, which in most cases requires a custom recovery.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I know of them. I know how to install them and how to use them. I also know they are device specific, and if a particular device doesn't have a great number of users a custom recovery may never be built.

Do I know how to build one? No, but there are sites that now apparently automate the process of building one.