Archos 70 250gig tablet help

khne08794

Feb 14, 2012
ive had this device for a few days now ive only had it fully charged once what is the best way to charge the device ive been told put it into deep sleep mode but doesent seem to charge even though it does

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
This was a common problem with some versions of Firmware. What is the version of your A70. Settings, scroll down to the bottom and click on about device. The latest FW version ends with .83 It is not so much that it is not fully charging, as the value is not accurately reflected generally

Otherwise, the fix has been to recalibrate the battery logic. Do this by using an ARCHOS charger NOT a Third party. Let the device fully drain. Charge for at least a full day before using.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I think you should first try to recalibrate the battery as I describe above. Start a movie or all the songs you have stored. Time how long it takes before the battery runs out.
Then charge it as said in the instructions. If the unit does not fully charge and you are getting pitiful battery life, (50% less than what Archos site promotes, then you have a bad battery and should be returned. If the battery life is still showing as not fully charged but getting normal life, then it is the battery sensor. What will happen is it will get to about 40-50% and just stay there, then suddenly drop to 20-25%.

If you just can visually watch the reading of the battery drop over a period of a few minutes of 10%, that is also a sign of a potentially bad battery.

khne08794

Feb 14, 2012
ive left it on charge all night and the green light was blinking as soon as i discharged it 54% so that should be the battery has a fault