Are there any good .txt file editors for an Android?

zoup

Jan 6, 2013
I'm a relatively new Android user.

Are there any apps that can open, edit and save .txt files for an Android 2.3 7 tablet?

Also, since my tablet is having trouble connecting to wi-fi (as I've found out is common with this model), is there any way I download the app to Windows and import it to my tablet, possibly through a USB flash drive? I have APK Manager and My Pad as my application and file managers.

The tablet (two-in-one notebook/tablet) comes with a keyboard.

Much thanks.

zoup

Jan 6, 2013
Thanks!

Is there any way I can import it to my tablet, given my situation described above?

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
Dataviz has what I think is the best Word app on the market. Documents to Go has been around for years and I started using it years ago on my Palm Pilot. All you have to do to put a document in is to just drag it from your PC into the root directory of your Android, when you are hooked up through the USB. Also there are other apps that you can do it wirelessly. No need to sync or set up special folders. The app finds it on the Android's memory or the SD card.

zoup

Jan 6, 2013
Dataviz has what I think is the best Word app on the market. Documents to Go has been around for years and I started using it years ago on my Palm Pilot. All you have to do to put a document in is to just drag it from your PC into the root directory of your Android, when you are hooked up through the USB. Also there are other apps that you can do it wirelessly. No need to sync or set up special folders. The app finds it on the Android's memory or the SD card.

Thanks. Could I do the same with files on my USB drive, plugged directly into my tablet? Also, when I'm finished editing, will it still save the file in my USB drive as a .txt file (and with the same filename)?

And again, due to the device's not-so-good WiFi capability (this means no Android Market, at least not from there), is there any way I could download the app onto my flash drive and use that method to import it to the device, at least until I can purchase a USB cable?

Last edited:

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
Whether Documents to Go (DTG) will read directly from your flash drive would be up to your particular device. But DTG will allow changes to MS Documents, Excel, and Power Point directly on the Android. And you can even create those documents on the Android then later move them to your PC and do what ever you want to them there. And with Print Share you can print your documents from your Android. As far as the file extention, I'm not completely sure. Once opened in DTG it may become an Excel file. You may want to check the DTG web site. Documents To Go - Use Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Other Files on your Smartphone or PDA