arnova 7 g2 wifi issues - was working perfectly now I want to throw it away

babymaddie

Feb 24, 2012
Hi, can anyone help before I throw it out of the window? My Arnova 7 g2 has been working perfectly until 3 weeks ago when some website started to load and then would 'time themselves out' and the browser would close. Some sites worked such as amazon and others like the bbc, facebook, ebay etc would not work. It has got worse and to the point when they would load about 75% and then flip me out back the desktop again. Driving me mad.
:mad:
I have done a factory reset tonight and now it acts like it is fighting with the wifi settings - searching then finding my routers then disabling the setting by itself and then 'not remembering' the wifi settings. My router is working fine as my laptops and mobile phone are working fine online. Its like something is making it flip out from the wifi settings so now I cannot access the internet at all as the wifi wont stay stable.

I have no idea where to turn next. Ive downloaded the firmware and tried to transfer it to root level but the Arnova doesnt seem to recognise that its on somewhere on the machine - I dont even know if it needed updating as there is nothing in the settings to tell me that but I thought it was worth a try.

I'd be realy grateful of some help and advice :)):D

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
You may simply have a bad device. Have you thought about returning. Or call Archos/Arnova for support and a potential return. Archos, once you get past first level response are good on returns and repairs.