Asus eee Transformer screen defect?

NateTheGreat

Jun 29, 2011
Has anyone seen a grid of 5mm squares across the glass of the eee Transformer
? It's really distracting.

I didn't find this after a cursory search, so I decided to post the question.

Feb 4, 2011
Not exactly sure what you're talking about. But I had a 2" section of the screen that went from the top to the bottom, that when displaying certain colors would look very snowy. I have since returned the tablet.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dbljackson

Jan 12, 2011
Checking out a Transformer and Iconia today at Bestbuy and the Iconia
had the visible grid on the screen.

Not so noticeable when on the home screen but could see all the dots
when it was darker.

The Transformer on the hand didnt have this.

tabreviewer

Aug 2, 2011
Last week, I purchased the Asus Eee Pad Transformer reviewed here after starting the review using a friend's.

I was really getting into it, when I noticed a strange thing. Periodically, as I was scrolling web pages, they would reload or zoom in/out. Since I hadn't had the device long, I figured I was just unintentionally doing something to cause that... or maybe the web page was wonky. I wasn't sure.

Then I realized I had been having a lot of trouble typing in passwords and spelling certain words with the on-screen keyboard.

Long story short (too late?), I found about a postage stamp sized area in the lower right portion of the display that couldn't register finger contact properly. Basically, instead of a single-tap or a slide, it registered a double-tap. That caused the L and O keys to repeat (messing up passwords and emails), occasionally made the tablet think I was trying to pinch-zoom the web page, or double-tap the display when I was actually dragging.

I've tested some other Transformer displays since then and haven't seen this phenomenon again, but it's something to watch out for.

I had to return my Transformer (exchange wasn't practical since a coupon I'd used had expired and they weren't going to honor it on the replacement), but I'd grab another in a heartbeat. Nice device, and definitely one of the best Android tabs on the market.

tabreviewer

Aug 2, 2011
Fortunately for me the local Micro Center store had the Asus Transformer on sale last weekend, with the price cut to $419. I'm back in the Transformer owner community again! The new tablet works great and doesn't have the dead spot in the touch-screen!