Asus MeMo 370t just a tease, or real?

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
I have an Acer A500 but I also really want a 7 inch tablet to take with me when I leave the house when I don't want to carry the 10.1 inch, and also because I love my gadgets and just want one. I did some searching on the Asus MeMo 370t for $250 and it sounds exactly what I'm looking for, but I am so confused about when or IF it is ever going to come on the market.

It seems at one point it was going to be completely scraped for the Nexus, a less expensive, less powerful tablet, but doing a search on it now, it certainly looks like it's a done deal as originally reported on, and supposed to come out about now in the second quarter of 2012. It was featured as one of the 10 best of CES 2012, so it doesn't sound like it was scraped to me.

Does anyone out there have any solid info on this great looking 7 inch tablet?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Currently ASUS is working on the PadFone and the TF700 Infinity. I have not heard anything about the MeMo 370. I am thinking the Nexus Tablet may be the ticket.-

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Thanks Frederuco but that is NOT what I wanted to hear. :) Unfortunately you are probably right. I couldn't find even a hint about it on the Asus website, so that particular model must have turned into vaporware. Now I just need to decide if I want to wait for the newer 7 inch tablets to come out, or try to figure out the best one for me to buy that's already on the market. It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Interesting. Think I'll start looking for a different one then. This one sure sounded good though. Thank you.

mszypko

May 29, 2012
Not finding a hint about it on the ASUS site is not necessarily an indicator. I didnt see anything about the Transformer Pad until it was out about a week. I still have my fingers crossed for the MEMO 370T but am expecting that I will end up with the Google version of the ASUS tablet expected to be rolled out at the Google I/O conference in June

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Thanks for replying, mszypko. That is very surprising to me, that the Transformer Pad wasn't on their website until it was out about a week. Doesn't sound like very smart business policy to me. This Memo 370t is a head scratcher to me. I mean, it sounds like such a great product, they featured it at CES and it won top awards, there are lots of articles about it, it's supposed to come on the market in the second quarter, and they all of a sudden scrap it and let Google make a tablet out of it, and possibly dumb down the parts and jack up the price. I'll wait and see what develops with it before getting a 7 inch tablet. Maybe it will turn out to be a pretty decent tablet.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I just spotted this as part of the Nexus Tablet going through the FCC:

AA8cy.png

Looks promising that the 370T is going to be the Nexus.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Yes it does look very promising. I think I read that the Nexus is due to come out on the market next month. I hope it's going to have all or most of the great specs that the 370t was going to have, and the price will still be $250. If I can just make myself wait a little longer before buying the Samsung Galaxy 2 7 inch WiFi model I'm looking at now. I really should wait for the quad cores.
Thanks Homer...I mean Frederuco. :eek:

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I am monitoring the Nexus closely at NexusTablets.net. It is kinda quiet right now, but it should start firing up soon.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Thanks for the link. I put it on my bookmarks and I'll be going there often too.