Asus MeMo Pad 10 (16G) vs. LG G Pad 8.3 (16B)

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Discussions' started by catarina.scn, Feb 18, 2014.

1. catarina.scn

catarina.scn Member

Hello,
    I neeed to buy a tablet and I'm torn between two: the LG G Pad 8.3 (16 GB) and the Asus MeMo Pad 10 (16GB).
    I read a lot of things about the two tablets. I was surprised when in different websites the specifics of the tablets would vary. This makes me even more confused. I think in general, from what I read, LG G Pad is considered to be better but I'm not sure.
    Can someone enlighten me on which one of the tablets do you think is best and why? I can find them both at the same price so that's not an issue.
    Thank you in advance

2. Musing

Musing Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Asus Tranformer Prime tf201
    Hi Catarina,
    Consumer Reports recently rated tablets and the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB had a rating of 83 price at $330. The LG G Pad 8.3 16GB had rating of 77 at $330 and the ASUS Memo Pad 10 16GB had a rating of 75 price at $330.

Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 2
  3. edap

edap Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia A110
    When I first picked up the G Pad at a large, local, retail chain-store, I noticed its heft and solidness. It’s a compact tablet with excellent weight distribution, thanks to a sheet of aluminum that covers the back. It’s the addition of metal that separates the G Pad from Samsung’s line of Galaxy Tabs, and sets it apart from the 2013 Nexus 7; LG’s offering has better hardware than anything Samsung or Asus has put out in over two years.

• Like Like x 4