Asus TF300 question

Raiderspy1

Apr 29, 2012
Does anybody KNOW exactly, what type of SD and MICRO SD cards can be used? What are the fastest classes that can be used? Has anyone have a brand preference?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I know that the TF101 and TF201 (so the TF300 should follow suit) that you can use just about any card of any size.

I have a 32 GB microSDHC in my tablet and a 64 GB SDXC in the dock. I know some users who have a 64 GB microSDXC and 128 GB SDXC in their dock.

As far as speed, stay away from Class 2 as it may not play 720p video smoothly. Class 4, 6 or 10 is recommended.

The biggest thing is to buy from a reputable dealer (not eBay) as there are a lot of counterfeit cards that are maybe a 2 GB card that looks like it is larger (16 or 32 GB) but only the last 2 GB of data are accessible.

I always test my cards with H2TestW on a PC to make sure they are good.

ShelJW

Mar 26, 2012
Purchase a card from Amazon, or some other reputable seller that has a liberal return policy.

I have the Transformer prime, and use a 32GB Sandisk Class 4 card, and it works great!

I believe I paid about $22 from Amazon. You can probably find it even cheaper, but I originally purchased a less expensive microSD 32 GB card from Amazon, and it didn't work, so I wasn't that eager to risk a cheapy again, as the replacement. (The disk just failed... wouldn't work on my TP or in my Thunderbolt, so it wasn't a compatibility issue)

jim4065

May 21, 2012
This thread got me to questioning the "32 G maximum in the dock" that I saw on a You-Tube review so I ordered a SanDisk Extreme SDXC 128G from Amazon ($180) and installed it in the dock without trying to reformat or anything. My TF300 sees 119 G availlable in the SD card, so I suppose everything is working fine? The write-up for the TF300 dock on Amazon said it could read SDHC or SDXC cards, so does that make the "real" max 2 terabytes? That's a Black Hole IMHO - can't think of how I'd fill it - within reason.......

MA83

Feb 25, 2012
Whatever the software supports. I'm not sure if Android has a built-in support limit for storage or not.