Attempting a rebuild of the infotomic launcher

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
With my recent attempt at eclipse and the android sdk, im attempting a rebuild of the infotomic launcher. I am renaming it the fusion launcher, my first dev project. What my plans are, if all goes well, is to rebuild it as a non system apk to install on other devices. As well as a more stable launcher, more options, smooth slick look, and for a better tablet experience.
Any progress i make, i will post. Any beta builds i get working, i will share. Help would be awsome, testers will be needed, suggestions will be usefull.
As of now...
*Ipod dock has a new look
*XMLs being rewritten
*eee168 crap being tossed
*smoother icons for eye candy
*building right off of awd launcher source
*android 2.1-2.2 support so far
*integration of other launcher features

(Found that this launcher is horribly built so i have to rewrite alot... )

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
With my recent attempt at eclipse and the android sdk, im attempting a rebuild of the infotomic launcher. I am renaming it the aurura launcher, my first dev project. What my plans are, if all goes well, is to rebuild it as a non system apk to install on other devices. As well as a more stable launcher, more options, smooth slick look, and for a better tablet experience.
Any progress i make, i will post. Any beta builds i get working, i will share. Help would be awsome, testers will be needed, suggestions will be usefull.
As of now...
*Ipod dock has a new look
*XMLs being rewritten
*eee168 crap being tossed
*smoother icons for eye candy
*building off of awd source
*android 2.1-2.2 support so far

I'll be your huckleberry. Just shoot me a PM and I'll test whatever you need tested.

Will it be installed in place of the original home launcher, or will it run like Launcher Pro as an app?

Sent from a SuperPAD via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
It will be a seperate app like awd launcher and launcher pro ect... ive named it the aurura launcher and right now, in the progress of rewriting java code for it. Using the awd launcher as source.

Sent from my vzw LG Ally with Velocity/RA

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
It will be a seperate app like awd launcher and launcher pro ect... ive named it the aurura launcher and right now, in the progress of rewriting java code for it. Using the awd launcher as source.

Sent from my vzw LG Ally with Velocity/RA

Well, my friend, I will test it as soon as you are ready. I've gotten the SDK issue fixed and can test it on the emulator before I attempt it in the real thing.

toad

Jul 10, 2011
if there is anything i can do/test just let me know. i'm got tims 5e with disco10.

t

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Good to know but itl be awhile. Making an app and knowing nothing about java... the 2 dont mix lol

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Good to know but itl be awhile. Making an app and knowing nothing about java... the 2 dont mix lol

Same here... completely true.

toad

Jul 10, 2011
thats fine, i'm in no hurry. i do somewhat understand the learning curve.. mine is quite long. i do believe the 2 of you are on to something. if we can get full access to the device, i believe it will be the best in its class. just cant understand why the Chinese don't just release the source code. its bound to increase sales..

i'm here when you want me to test something.

t

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Good to here. The second device i own (archos 101) has 4 os's to choose from because of the development progress. Not firmware, os's 0.o
Id like to see the same progress hit the superpad, it has the hardware for some kick ace software performance but a lack of a team effort.

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Good to here. The second device i own (archos 101) has 4 os's to choose from because of the development progress. Not firmware, os's 0.o
Id like to see the same progress hit the superpad, it has the hardware for some kick ace software performance but a lack of a team effort.

+1 on that. I want to see some crazy ROMs come out for this.

Sent from my LG OP V using Tapatalk

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
I would love to see the cpu over clocked or atleast at full potential.
Custom Reovery built = a possible gingerbread rom = happy people.

toad

Jul 10, 2011

yea, that would almost make me pee my pants..lol..

t

Last edited:

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011

I am working on a heat displacement setup for the processor to run at higher clock levels without the risk of popping the LCD. Think laptop cooling...

The aggravating thing is the stupid processor isn't even running at full (listed) potential now. According to the clowns that make it, it should run at 1Ghz. The best run I got was 786.77Mhz on a good day with a tail wind. That is rediculous and sad.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Yes im aware of that